Author Topic: BREAKING: GOP Strategists Plot to Ban Donald Trump From Debates  (Read 690 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/07/breaking-gop-strategists-plot-to-ban-donald-trump-from-debates/

BREAKING: GOP Strategists Plot to Ban Donald Trump From Debates

Jim Hoft Jul 23rd, 2015 10:02 am

GOP strategists are plotting on ways to ban leading presidential candidate Donald Trump from participating in the GOP debates.
The party elites are flummoxed by his rise in the polls.

15,000 supporters turned out to see Donald Trump in Arizona in the largest rally to date by any presidential candidate.

The New York Times reported:

Fear remains in some of the campaigns that Mr. Trump will target their candidates in the lead up to the debate — or at the event itself.

Many national Republican officials are increasingly resigned to Mr. Trump’s looming presence. At a meeting of the Republican Governors Association this week in Aspen, Colo., donors and operatives mused about how to prevent him from hijacking the debate.

One idea that came up was to urge three leading candidates — Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor; Mr. Walker; and Senator Marco Rubio of Florida — to band together and state that they would not participate in any debate in which Mr. Trump was present, using his refusal to rule out a third-party bid as a pretext for taking such a hard line. The thinking, according to a Republican involved in the conversations, was that the lesser-funded prospects who have been eclipsed by Mr. Trump would follow suit, and the TV networks airing the debates would be forced to bar Mr. Trump in order to have a full complement of candidates.

Donald Trump retweeted this this morning:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

"@SanchezBrutus: Plz stay safe dear Sir, the World needs you.Your competition is no more presidential than an alley cat is a mountain lion."
8:47 AM - 23 Jul 2015
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: BREAKING: GOP Strategists Plot to Ban Donald Trump From Debates
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 07:28:11 pm »
Let him make an ass of himself.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 07:45:05 pm »
I really want :baghead: in the debates as I hope someone has the guts to question him not only on his contact flipping on issues but his corrupt business practices like using eminent domain seizures for personal gain.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 07:57:32 pm »
I really want :baghead: in the debates as I hope someone has the guts to question him not only on his contact flipping on issues but his corrupt business practices like using eminent domain seizures for personal gain.

One of Trump's problems obviously (other than saying anything that comes to mind at any time) is his history, full of issues that can look pretty bad depending on how they're raised.  Romney was a saint compared to Trump and the media successfully went after every bit of his history.  Newt Gingrich was one of the smartest, most intellectual politicians of our time.  But his mouth, and a little bit of bad personal history was his undoing.  But more than anything, his ego was all over him like rain in Panama.  Trump's ego is similar, if not more pronounced.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 08:03:01 pm »

When you argue a point, what are you attempting to do? I'll answer that. You are attempting to persuade. You are hoping to change someone's mind. And what I've noticed is that sometimes people present arguments that have caused me to change my mind.

One latest example is net neutrality. I came into the debate supporting net neutrality but soon changed my mind on it when some of the folks here persuaded me how wrong I was.

So I have no problem with someone who changes their mind on an issue.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 08:42:44 pm »
One of Trump's problems obviously (other than saying anything that comes to mind at any time) is his history, full of issues that can look pretty bad depending on how they're raised.  Romney was a saint compared to Trump and the media successfully went after every bit of his history.  Newt Gingrich was one of the smartest, most intellectual politicians of our time.  But his mouth, and a little bit of bad personal history was his undoing.  But more than anything, his ego was all over him like rain in Panama.  Trump's ego is similar, if not more pronounced.

My memory is the the left ganged up on Gingrich for writing a book and the republicans ran away from the fight and left Newt hanging in the wind....
The definition of politician is ego. It has to be to talk about yourself nonstop for over a year long campaign so I am not sure what your issue is with ego...

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 12:01:15 am »
My memory is the the left ganged up on Gingrich for writing a book and the republicans ran away from the fight and left Newt hanging in the wind....
The definition of politician is ego. It has to be to talk about yourself nonstop for over a year long campaign so I am not sure what your issue is with ego...

Gingrich had a number of ethics issues and did return some questionable use of funds, but the book wasn't his undoing.  It started with the government shutdown he bet would wash up onto Clinton.  It didn't.  Yes, all politicians have egos, most control those egos and use them in a positive way; Newt didn't.  His ego controlled him.  Add to that his personal life and his continual foot-in-mouth issues, and his political career was history.  BTW, I liked Gingrich as a politician for a long time.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 02:34:06 am »
Another totally off-the-wall Fishrrman prediction:

If Trump continues to lead in the polls up to the first Republican debate, and if somehow the top Pubbie candidates successfully conspire to keep Trump OUT of said debate -- it's going to end up being political suicide for the GOP in 2016.

Are they REALLY stupid enough to try this?

Offline olde north church

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 12:35:41 pm »
Pimps hate when whores are no longer a necessity.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.