Author Topic: GOV. PERRY: DONALD TRUMP’S COMMENTS MAKE HIM UNFIT TO BE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF  (Read 14061 times)

bkepley

Ya lost me on that one BK....
Who is Goldberg and why does Trump care about his pants? :)

Trump's putdown of Jonah Goldberg for blogging that Trump tweeted like a 16 year old.  It's Trump's way of saying "I'm rich so you shut up".

Offline EdinVA

Don't make me laugh. $250 - $300 million? When the same wikipedia article states he owned 27,000 apartments (plus buildings) in NYC? When was the last time you could BUY an apartment in any part of NYC for $10,000? Even in the slums.

Don't know EC... don't do NY and have no inside info so I can only go with the info I have......
You guys are getting me wrong here... I am not defending Trump... I just want the facts.... no hyp and no media predigested bs...
You are allowed to think he is a jerk... I am ok with that.

Offline EdinVA

Trump's putdown of Jonah Goldberg for blogging that Trump tweeted like a 16 year old.  It's Trump's way of saying "I'm rich so you shut up".

Don't twitter or tweet or even flap my wings.. have no clue.
I would offer that he probably has some young kid feeding that crap, not Trump....

bkepley

Don't twitter or tweet or even flap my wings.. have no clue.
I would offer that he probably has some young kid feeding that crap, not Trump....

That's laughably wrong.  Trumps tweets completely match his on camera personality in lack of wit, boorishness, and buffoonery.  It's Trump and you'd know it but it's interesting you say it's a young kid.  That's very appropriate.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If you took a photograph of Obama and looked at the negative you would see Donald Trump.

Both are far out there radicals. Neither one understands diplomacy.

And neither one understands the meaning of the word 'moderation'.

If you said to both of them, "You catch more flys with honey than with vinegar", they would both look at you like you are speaking Klingon. They do not understand the concept.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

If you took a photograph of Obama and looked at the negative you would see Donald Trump.

If you said to both of them, "You catch more flys with honey than with vinegar", they would both look at you like you are speaking Klingon. They do not understand the concept.

You are right 240B, BUT do we really want 4/8 years of diplomacy and moderation?
d&m is not going to rid us of obamacare.
d&m is not going to secure the borders.
d&m is not going to get our financial house in order.

Maybe we need a hard nosed jerk.... not a sermon, just a thought....  :shrug:

Offline EdinVA

Just an aside....
I spent several years working in NYC with a client.
Those are the rudest, tersest belligerent people on earth, just like Trump.
They don't notice it because they are in it all the time but coming from the south, it took me a while to not get pissed when they talked.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Don't make me laugh. $250 - $300 million? When the same wikipedia article states he owned 27,000 apartments (plus buildings) in NYC? When was the last time you could BUY an apartment in any part of NYC for $10,000? Even in the slums.

Just want to add that he could have been leveraged up the ying-yang.  We're talking NET worth, not the value of the asset(s).
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

bkepley

Just want to add that he could have been leveraged up the ying-yang.  We're talking NET worth, not the value of the asset(s).
Leveraged up the yin yang and then bragged about he was too big to fail and thus owned his creditors.  Not only is unfit to be CIC he's almost unfit to be a mob boss.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You are right 240B, BUT do we really want 4/8 years of diplomacy and moderation?

Well of course not.

However, Obama lied about everything he is and everything he believes, and everything he stands for, to get elected. After the election, especially the second one, he went loony tune radical Left.

I like what Trump says. But he needs to tone it down to get elected. And then, like Obama, he can go nuts on all the ideas he has and what he believes.

Trump is being too honest up front. He needs be a liar like Obama, and then 'come out', as they say, after he is elected.

But it is all moot. Yes, we need a guy like Trump, of course. I just don't think it will ever happen. America is not mature enough to ever elect a guy like Trump.

Kim Kardashian or Justin Bieber could get elected before Trump ever would. And sadly I am not even joking. America does not like the idea of a real mature adult as President, which is why they elected Obama.

They don't want "Dad" to be in office, which is why they did not vote for Romney. They want the cool guy. And qualifications or policies or experience are all irrelevant.

America is a purely commercial society. It is not a substantive society. Trump does not understand. He is all about actual results. America does not care about that. They just want the "pizzazz".
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

Well of course not.

However, Obama lied about everything he is and everything he believes, and everything he stands for, to get elected. After the election, especially the second one, he went loony tune radical Left.

I like what Trump says. But he needs to tone it down to get elected. And then, like Obama, he can go nuts on all the ideas he has and what he believes.

Trump is being too honest up front. He needs be a liar like Obama, and then 'come out', as they say, after he is elected.

But it is all moot. Yes, we need a guy like Trump, of course. I just don't think it will ever happen. America is not mature enough to ever elect a guy like Trump.

Kim Kardashian or Justin Bieber could get elected before Trump ever would. And sadly I am not even joking. America does not like the idea of a real mature adult as President, which is why they elected Obama.

They don't want "Dad" to be in office, which is why they did not vote for Romney. They want the cool guy. And qualifications or policies or experience are all irrelevant.

America is a purely commercial society. It is not a substantive society. Trump does not understand. He is all about actual results. America does not care about that. They just want the "pizzazz".

Exactly right.
But maybe his role is to shock people awake.
The professional politicians won't dare tackle the real problems but now they are seeing the reaction to Trump, good and bad, and maybe they will start looking at things different.
Maybe some of the voters who have been sleeping for the last 30 years wake up.....
Don't know but one can hope.

That is really the reason I keep pushing on getting the facts.  The media and all the other politician smell blood and they are making stuff up to drive the nail in Trumps coffin.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:55:43 pm by EdinVA »

bkepley

Exactly right.
But maybe his role is to shock people awake.
The professional politicians won't dare tackle the real problems but now they are seeing the reaction to Trump, good and bad, and maybe they will start looking at things different.
Maybe some of the voters who have been sleeping for the last 30 years wake up.....
Don't know but one can hope.

That is really the reason I keep pushing on getting the facts.  The media and all the other politician smell blood and they are making stuff up to drive the nail in Trumps coffin.

Give me a break.  Trump's own personality is or will be  his downfall.  Nice of him to lend a hand but it's a very mixed blessing.

Offline MACVSOG68

So all the things we hate about Obama here and how he's lied and then changed once in office are okay if Trump does it on the other side of the ideological spectrum?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline sinkspur

Well of course not.

There is nothing "mature" about Donald Trump. He's been married three times, screws creditors right and left with his continued bankruptcies, and has a mouth like a running toilet.

He says outrageous stuff to stay in the news, but most people aren't impressed with shock schlock. The people who follow Trump are the same people who respond to the Nigerian emails promising thousands for doing nothing. They want Nirvana and think Trump can deliver.

What they don't understand is that he has ZERO support from anybody in Congress and his 17% is about all he'd get in a national election. I know I'd never vote for the sonofabitch, even if he were the GOP nominee.

I'm just not that stupid.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

The lesson here is that evidently you don't have to own an IQ above 85 to become a billionaire.    :whistle:

...nor do you have to be smarter than a 5th grader!   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

So all the things we hate about Obama here and how he's lied and then changed once in office are okay if Trump does it on the other side of the ideological spectrum?

Mac, consider this.  Over the last 8 years pelosi/reid/obama have literally shoved thousands of legislative and executive actions down the countries throat ranging from obamacare, 20+million illegals,massive debt, depleted military and on and on.

My question is, do bush etal have the determination and the political will to solve any of these issues?  My view is they will spend 8 years begging, pleading, crying and fingerpointing and will accomplish nothing.
My hope is that someone, does not have to be Trump, will occupy the whitehouse and fight tooth and nail and just as dirty to get this mess cleaned up.
I don't care how big a jerk they are.  I am not after a golf partner, I want a leader with enough guts to stand up to putin and determined enough to put iran back in the box.

bkepley

Mac, consider this.  Over the last 8 years pelosi/reid/obama have literally shoved thousands of legislative and executive actions down the countries throat ranging from obamacare, 20+million illegals,massive debt, depleted military and on and on.

My question is, do bush etal have the determination and the political will to solve any of these issues?  My view is they will spend 8 years begging, pleading, crying and fingerpointing and will accomplish nothing.
My hope is that someone, does not have to be Trump, will occupy the whitehouse and fight tooth and nail and just as dirty to get this mess cleaned up.
I don't care how big a jerk they are.  I am not after a golf partner, I want a leader with enough guts to stand up to putin and determined enough to put iran back in the box.

Does "the Donald" know or care about anything.  I'd rather trust it all to a random selection from the phonebook.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Short answer is, Yes. It is what it is. It is not what we want it to be.

You play to win. Obama understood that he could say anything to get elected. And it worked. Right or wrong, that is just the reality we live in today.

I don't make the rules. I may not agree with the rules. But this is the game today. You either play the game by the rules, or you lose. That is all there is to it.

Nothing means anything. Everything is just fluff and vapor.

bkepley

Short answer is, Yes. It is what it is. It is not what we want it to be.

You play to win. Obama understood that he could say anything to get elected. And it worked. Right or wrong, that is just the reality we live in today
I'm sorry but you treating Trump as a serious man which he does not deserve.  Obama is serious and seriously wrong.

Offline MACVSOG68

No question a Democrat president and for a while Democrat congress ran amok.  But of course Trump, allegedly a registered Democrat voted for them.  Just not sure how he will end Obamacare, secure the borders (whatever that means) and put the Nation's finances in order, given the difficulties he's had with his own financial decisions at times.

But that wasn't the point of my post.  Just wanted to ensure that the tactics of Obama that we all detest would be okay if someone on our side of the aisle used them.   :whistle:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't like how he said it ONE little bit but the TRUTH is that there are exactly two reasons, and only two reasons, why John McCain made it through Annapolis and eventually found himself in the pilot seat of an F4 over Hanoi.

Reason one:  Admiral John S. McCain Jr.

Reason two: Admiral John S. McCain Sr.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

I don't like how he said it ONE little bit but the TRUTH is that there are exactly two reasons, and only two reasons, why John McCain made it through Annapolis and eventually found himself in the pilot seat of an F4 over Hanoi.

Reason one:  Admiral John S. McCain Jr.

Reason two: Admiral John S. McCain Sr.

I did not like what Trump said either, but, I consider ANYONE that served a hero.  Yes McCain endured some horrific treatment 45 years ago but his conduct in congress for the last 40 have been abysmal and should not be ignored because he was a POW.  To me, that is the point Trump was trying to make, poorly as it came out.

bkepley

I did not like what Trump said either, but, I consider ANYONE that served a hero.  Yes McCain endured some horrific treatment 45 years ago but his conduct in congress for the last 40 have been abysmal and should not be ignored because he was a POW.  To me, that is the point Trump was trying to make, poorly as it came out.

At least McCain has a record to defend.  Trump gets off scott-free (interesting question..what is the source of that phrase?).

Offline sinkspur

That's not what Trump said. He ridiculed McCain for being a POW, for "being captured. I like those who weren't captured."

This despicable sonofabitch will say anything to grovel to the shoe-sized IQs of the knuckle-draggers in the conservative movement.

The knuckle-draggers know who they are.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
At least McCain has a record to defend.  Trump gets off scott-free (interesting question..what is the source of that phrase?).

He sure as hell does!

Saved the following to my hard drive when it was written.

THE TRUE MILITARY RECORD OF JOHN MCCAIN WRITTEN BY AN ACTIVE MARINE.

9/03/08

McCain has never really earned anything. He is from a wealth pampered background and not fit to lead this nation.

A “war hero” doesn’t finished 894th out of 899 and still get stationed at a Navy champagne unit and promoted ahead of all but two of his 898 other classmates.

A “war hero” doesn’t crash three U.S. Navy jets out of sheer incompetence and ineptitude, including two during non-combat training sessions.

A “war hero” doesn’t get written up on drunk-and-disorderly, fraternization, disobeying orders, and insubordination charges more than two dozen times in less than three years.

A “war hero” doesn’t get promoted to squadron commander of the air field named after his own grandfather immediately after crashing his third airplane.

A “war hero” doesn’t have all the military records that cover his time in Vietnam and all disciplinary actions against him censored and sealed “as a matter of national security.”

A “war hero” doesn’t get 28 medals awarded all after-the-fact “for bravery” for no other reason than being shot down and captured and then go on a celebrity public relations tour because he’s the son of two acclaimed Navy admirals.

A “war hero” doesn’t repeatedly cheat on the wife who’s back in the states waiting for him, and then cheat on her more when he returns to the states, and then divorce and abandon her.

A “war hero” doesn’t systematically vote against every single pay and benefit increase for military and veterans throughout his entire political career, all the while claiming to be “the soldier’s Congressman,” and then take credit for the passage of a G.I. benefits bill he that voted AGAINST.

A “war hero” McCain III lost jet number one in 1958 when he plunged into Corpus Christi Bay while practicing landings. He was knocked unconscious by the impact coming to as the plane settled to the bottom. McCain’s second crash occurred while he was deployed in the Mediterranean. “Flying too low over the Iberian Peninsula,” Timberg wrote, “he took out some power lines [reminiscent of the 1998 incident in which a Marine Corps jet sliced through the cables of a gondola at an Italian ski resort, killing 20] which led to a spate of newspaper stories in which he was predictably identified as the son of an admiral.”

McCain’s third crash three occurred when he was returning from flying a Navy trainer solo to Philadelphia for an Army-Navy football game. Timberg reported that McCain radioed, “I’ve got a flameout” and went through standard relight procedures three times before ejecting at one thousand feet. McCain landed on a deserted beach moments before the plane slammed into a clump of trees. McCain’s fifth loss happened during his 23rd mission over North Vietnam on Oct. 26, 1967, when McCain’s A-4 Skyhawk was shot down by a surface-to-air missile. McCain ejected from the plane breaking both arms an d a leg in the process and subsequently parachuted into Truc Bach Lake near Hanoi. For 23 combat missions (an estimated 20 hours over enemy territory), the U.S. Navy awarded McCain a Silver Star, a Legion of Merit for Valor, a Distinguished Flying Cross, three Bronze Stars, two Commendation medals plus two Purple Hearts and a dozen service medals. “McCain had roughly 20 hours in combat,” explains Bill Bell, a veteran of Vietnam and former chief of the U.S. Office for POW/MIA Affairs — the first official U.S. representative in Vietnam since the 1973 fall of Saigon. “Since McCain got 28 medals,” Bell continues, “that equals out to about a medal-and-a-half for each hour he spent in combat. There were infantry guys — grunts on the ground — who had more than 7,000 hours in combat and I can tell you that there were times and situations where I’m sure a prison cell would have looked pretty good to them by comparison.

The question really is how many guys got that number of medals for not being shot down.” For years, McCain has been an unchecked master at manipulating an overly friendly and biased news media. The former POW turned Congressman, turned U.S. Senator, has managed to gloss over his failures as a pilot by exaggerating his military service and lying about his feats of heroism. McCain has sprouted a halo and wings to become America’s POW-hero presidential candidate.

This article was written by an active, unnamed Marine. It was published by Gale Toensing founder of the Corner Report.com and she sent it to me. It is a true account of McCain’s real war record and evidence of his lack of fitness for the office of President.

L.A. STEEL
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien