Author Topic: Apparenty No One’s Lovin’ It: McDonalds Hits Record Lows  (Read 1710 times)

rangerrebew

Apparenty No One’s Lovin’ It: McDonalds Hits Record Lows

The Daily Sheeple
 www.TheDailySheeple.com
 July 16th, 2015

Have people finally realized en masse how much McDonald’s sucks in so many ways? It would appear so.

A new survey of 29 franchisees who own 208 McDonald’s restaurants have reported the lowest six-month forecast in the 12 years since the survey was first administered. On a forecast rating from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent), the owner’s average answer was 1.69. Pretty abysmal.

Sales continue to drop at McDonald’s restaurants across the country. The company’s stock has been falling too.

CNBC quoted one owner’s response as, “Corporate has no answers. They are throwing ideas at the wall hoping something will stick. Their collective arrogance has come home to roost.”

Supposedly the restaurant has been attempting to makeover their brand to try and fit the overall shift towards healthier eating habits, but that remains to be seen.

Still, if McDonald’s USA website up until as recently as last December is any indication, they have a long way to go. That place was just… horrifying.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:44:14 am by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: Apparenty No One’s Lovin’ It: McDonalds Hits Record Lows
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 07:51:08 pm »
Too bad.  I love the tried-and-true traditional McDonald's fare.  It isn't something I would have as a constant diet, but once a week or so is nice.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 08:38:16 pm »
I only go to MD if I'm in a hurry and they are along the way. And then only for their cheapest "selections" because as the price goes up so many better tasting options open up.

Like for example any burger in world.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 08:48:38 pm »
Why go to McDonalds when you can get the same crap at any public school cafeteria without the creepy clown.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 08:50:09 pm »
I'll go for breakfast. Get the big breakfast, no eggs (McD's eggs are vile), extra sausage and an orange juice. Bit of extra butter for the muffin, too  :laugh:

The burgers though - meh, they are fuel if you are in a hurry, that's about it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 09:06:59 pm »
I don't know if McDonalds advertises regionally or nationally here in the US, but around here in the Washington, DC region, their radio campaign is targeted exclusively to blacks.

Secondly they...the ads...suck big time.

One, I swear, is a ripoff of Colt45 malt liquor.  The meat patty talking to the cheese seductively.

In another one a guy is arguing with his girlfriend what is the best part of a quarter pounder.   "On NO!  It's the cheese!  That's my favorite part!"

Moronic ad campaign targeting customers with limited purchasing power...geared for their dollar menu.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 06:44:07 pm »
Apparently there appears to be a great deal of variation in the food quality of different McD's franchisees.  Perhaps that's part of their problem - too much variation in food quality amongst franchisees.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 07:23:46 pm »
Apparently there appears to be a great deal of variation in the food quality of different McD's franchisees.  Perhaps that's part of their problem - too much variation in food quality amongst franchisees.

One of the things people used to say they liked about McDonalds and what put them on the map really, was people would say they could go to any McDonalds and the Big Mac will be the same no matter where they go. I rarely go there, but I've noticed it is still consistent, but the problem is it is consistent with how it was 30 years ago when there was little competition and expectations were lower. They stayed consistent, everyone else kept improving.

Look at a Big Mac compared to a Wendy's cheeseburger. (purposefully searched for images of the real burger customers get versus stylized marketing images)

..and for good measure, the BK Texas Whopper.

...and one more comparison, the choice of going local. My favorite found just in East Texas. The burger isn't small, the onion rings are just giant. The burger is probably twice the size of a Whopper.

McDonalds is just falling behind by thinking they can keep doing what they've always done with everything else changing.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 10:29:30 pm »
I'll go for breakfast. Get the big breakfast, no eggs (McD's eggs are vile), extra sausage and an orange juice. Bit of extra butter for the muffin, too  :laugh:

The burgers though - meh, they are fuel if you are in a hurry, that's about it.
I don't ever eat at McDonald's for a burger. But they make a delicious steak bagel on the breakfast menu.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 10:43:19 pm »
They still have the best French fries in the business.

Hands down.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx