Author Topic: BREAKING>>>>'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center  (Read 9460 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/16/us/tennessee-naval-reserve-shooting/

'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center

By Jason Hanna, CNN

Updated 12:18 PM ET, Thu July 16, 2015

Reports: Shooting at Chattanooga Naval Reserve Center 01:56

(CNN)Authorities were investigating an "active shooter incident" late Thursday morning at the Naval Reserve Center in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Fire Chief Randy Jackson said.

"Horrific incident in our community," tweeted Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke. "We will release details as they are confirmed. Prayers to all those affected."

Jackson said paramedics were standing by but had not transported anyone at this time.

Photos posted on Twitter by media outlets showed police blocking a road and a large number of patrol cars.

continued
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:26:54 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
POLICE OFFICER REPORTEDLY SHOT AT CHATTANOOGA, TENN., RECRUITING CENTER; NEARBY COLLEGE CAMPUS AND HOSPITAL IN LOCKDOWN AS POLICE HUNT FOR GUNMAN
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:30:44 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CBS News ‏@CBSNews 2m2 minutes ago

UPDATE: 4 Marines, 1 police officer shot at military recruiting center in Chattanooga, TN

Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Active shooter incident reported at Chattanooga naval reserve center
At least 1 officer shot, mayor says

By Dylan Stableford
5 minutes ago
Yahoo News

BREAKING: " Active shooter" incident at the naval reserve center in Chattanooga; one officer shot. pic.twitter.com/uy3HVTshiV
— Breaking News (@NewsOnTheMin) July 16; 2015

Officials in Chattanooga, Tennessee, are responding to reports of an active shooter after a shooting incident at a naval reserve center Thursday morning.

According to the Times Free Press, at least one officer was shot and transported to Erlanger hospital.

A worker at a restaurant next to the naval center told CNN she witnessed a man with "a high-powered rifle" fire multiple shots from a convertible silver Mustang into the recruiting offices at the center, located on Amnicola Highway, shortly before 11 a.m.

Both the hospital and nearby Chattannooga State Community College were placed on lockdown.

Tiger Alert!!! Main Campus: Confirmed shooting. Stay away from Riverpark. Everyone stay inside, close doors.
— Chattanooga State (@ChattStateCC) July 16, 2015

As news of the shooting broke, Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke cut short a news conference, saying, "This is a very, very terrible situation, I'm very concerned about what's going on. We need to figure out how to handle it."

Horrific incident in our community. We will release details as they are confirmed. Prayers to all those affected
— Andy Berke (@AndyBerke) July 16, 2015

According to WTVC-TV, Chattanooga Police are investigating a second scene at a National Guard office on Lee Highway. A witness told the ABC affiliate he heard as many as 20 shots fired there before a car matching the description of the naval reserve shooter's drove away.

My prayers are with those affected by the ongoing situation in Southeast Tennessee.
— Senator Bob Corker (@SenBobCorker) July 16, 2015

I have spoken with state and local officials and am continuing to monitor the situation.
— Senator Bob Corker (@SenBobCorker) July 16, 2015

According to CNN, agents from the FBI field office in Knoxville and U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were en route to assist in the investigation.

The U.S. Navy later confirmed the shooting, saying an investigation was under way.
It comforts me to no end to know that various elected officials are "monitoring the situation."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I notice that these active shooters don't go after Marine facilities very much. They sure got it in for the Navy though.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GourmetDan

Prolly one of our little mooslim friends...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

The Daily Mail has a nice picture of glass doors full of bullet-holes with a 'gun-free zone' sticker prominently displayed...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline NavyCanDo

ISIS said they would target military and police here in the US, using recruits right here on our soil. I can think of no softer target than a recruiting center.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline flowers

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
ISIS said they would target military and police here in the US, using recruits right here on our soil. I can think of no softer target than a recruiting center.

A recruiting center isn't exactly a target rich environment. All of the bases I stayed at stateside let non-military personnel on base with just an ID check. Do you know how many inexperienced soldiers are on basic training/AIT bases? They're also unarmed.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline flowers

They say the gunman is dead. I guess they are scrubbing the facebook site of the person as I type this if the person is of color or Amish.

Offline famousdayandyear

Office of the Navy has not yet confirmed the Marine fatalities.
Waiting....please let it not be so.

Offline NavyCanDo

FOX News now two attacks. Still think its not ISIS?

Four Marines were reportedly killed Thursday at a Chattanooga, Tenn., Navy training center, in one of two attacks at area military facilities that happened nearly simultaneously and just seven miles apart.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 06:47:51 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 BREAKING NEWS: Unconfirmed reports that 4 Marines killed, police officer wounded when gunman fires at 2 military facilities in Chattanooga, Tenn.

http://www.foxnews.com/

UNCONFIRMED REPORTS THAT 4 MARINES KILLED, police officer wounded when a gunman opened fire on two military facilities in Chattanooga, Tenn.; source tells Fox News that the gunman is dead.
Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

Office of the Navy has not yet confirmed the Marine fatalities.
Waiting....please let it not be so.

Can't wait for Bammy to start blaming Republicans...

Offline Dexter

FOX News now two attacks. Still think its not ISIS?

Four Marines were reportedly killed Thursday at a Chattanooga, Tenn., Navy training center, in one of two attacks at area military facilities that happened nearly simultaneously and just seven miles apart.

If it was ISIS I'm sure they'll confirm it soon. They're not shy about taking credit for their actions.
-Socrates

Offline famousdayandyear

Can't wait for Bammy to start blaming Republicans...

Dan:  Did you notice the "GUN FREE ZONE" sign on the bullet-ridden door?

bkepley

Wonder why it didn't work?

Offline Dexter

Wonder why it didn't work?

The sign wasn't big enough.
-Socrates

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
msnbc ‏@msnbc 5s5 seconds ago

Mayor of Chattanooga confirms 5 dead in military shooting
0 retweets 0 favorites
Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

Yep, the sum-total of our defensive posture these days.

"Please don't come in here and shoot me because I am totally disarmed..."

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://chicago.suntimes.com/nationworld/7/71/776317/chattanooga-shooting-military-facilites

2 military facilities attacked in Tennessee: officials

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — At least one gunman unleashed a barrage of gunfire at two military facilities Thursday in Tennessee, sending troops scrambling for safety in an Army recruiting office, officials said.

Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam said “lives have been lost from some faithful people who are serving our country,” though he did not say how many people were killed or wounded.

Chattanooga police said in a tweet Thursday afternoon that the active shooter situation was over, though there was no word on what had happened to the suspect or suspects.

CBS News reported the shooter was dead and a police officer and two Marines were wounded in Chattanooga outside the Navy recruiting center.
Support the USO

Offline flowers

CNN presser the guy just said they are treating this as a act of domestic terrorism.

Offline GourmetDan

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — At least one gunman unleashed a barrage of gunfire at two military facilities Thursday in Tennessee, sending troops scrambling for safety in an Army recruiting office, officials said.

I've heard that "once upon a time" a barrage of gunfire directed at a military facility would have prompted an overwhelming response.

But those are just fairy-tales these days...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:09:40 pm by GourmetDan »