Author Topic: As Kerry Recalled His War Experience at End of Iran Talks, ‘Everyone Had Tears in Their Eyes’  (Read 548 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/kerry-recalled-his-war-experience-end-iran-talks-everyone-had-tears

(CNSNews.com) – In the closing minutes of the Iran nuclear negotiations in Vienna this week, Secretary of State John Kerry made a comment about having gone to war as a young man and not wanting to do so again, leaving everyone in the room, including the Iranians, with “tears in their eyes.”

Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman, the lead U.S. negotiator in the talks, recounted the moment while addressing the annual Generation Prague Conference at the State Department on Wednesday.

Sherman said that in the final plenary session, with the media out of the room, each of the foreign ministers of the P5+1 group – the U.S., Britain, France, Russia, China and Germany – and Iran “made a statement about what this meant to them.”

“All of the remarks, by all of the ministers, including [Iranian Foreign] Minister [Javad] Zarif, were very moving, because it was private, and it was about what this deal meant to them.”

Kerry was the last to speak, Sherman said, and at the end of his remarks, he said: “When I was 22, I went to war” – before choking up.

“He couldn’t get the words out,” she recalled. “And everybody was completely spellbound.”

Kerry composed himself and continued, “I went to war and it became clear to me that I never wanted to go to war again.”

Offline flowers

Good fn grief. Please make it stop. What is worse????? Them gloating over this? or iran getting nukes? He will get the Noble won't he? Heck Obie might get another as well....................... **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Yes I know Iran becoming a super power is worse.  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Offline GourmetDan

Kerry composed himself and continued, “I went to war and it became clear to me that I never wanted to go to war again.”

"... Marrying rich widows and avoiding paying taxes is where I want to be..."

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

"... Marrying rich widows and avoiding paying taxes is where I want to be..."
   :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

I also have tears in my eyes every time I see that hack John Effin Kerry - tears of joy that we somehow managed not to elect him president, but tears of despair that he has a position of importance in this idiotic, anti-American, godless, destructive administration.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Holding in laughter too long will do that to a person ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline famousdayandyear

Why would they gas everybody?

Offline kevindavis007

I think Iran had tears of laughter.. To be honest I'm not afraid of the nukes in Iran.. I'm more afraid of their state sponsor of Terrorism.. That will cause more harm..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

rangerrebew

Either one of two things happened.  As EC said, they could have been holding back gales of laughter.  The other choice would be 100 dogs farted at the same time and people were choking.