Author Topic: Trump Supporters Cut Up Macy's Credit Cards After Store Severs Ties  (Read 671 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Supporters Cut Up Macy's Credit Cards After Store Severs Ties

Image: Trump Supporters Cut Up Macy's Credit Cards After Store Severs Ties  (Myersct/Dreamstime) 

By Jason Devaney   |    Tuesday, 14 Jul 2015 11:06 PM

Supporters of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump are cutting up their Macy's store credit cards in protest of the department store's decision to sever ties with the real estate mogul.

A Daily Mail story reports that about 30,000 customers have called the store to complain in the wake of the store's decision to stop selling Trump's clothing line. Trump's comments about immigration spurred the decision.

A quick spin through Macy's Facebook page revealed several messages from customers promising to boycott the store and cut up their store credit cards.

In his campaign announcement speech on June 16, Trump called out illegal immigrants coming from Mexico — and angered many people in doing so.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. ... They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us," said Trump, who defended his comments last week. "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, some are good people!

"But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. They're sending us not the right people. It's coming from more than Mexico. It's coming from all over South and Latin America, and it's coming probably from the Middle East. But we don't know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don't know what's happening. And it's got to stop and it's got to stop fast."

The comments ricocheted across the North American continent, with many people in the United States and Mexico criticizing him. Others have praised him, and he is now the GOP frontrunner in two national polls.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/donald-trump-supporters-cut-macys/2015/07/14/id/657088/#ixzz3g31BL7UU
 Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

Online mountaineer

Re: Trump Supporters Cut Up Macy's Credit Cards After Store Severs Ties
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 01:33:13 am »
I decided not to shop at Macy's anymore after they came out with vocal and effusive support of gay marriage after the SCOTUS decision. Trump's problems with Macy's really don't resonate with me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Trump Supporters Cut Up Macy's Credit Cards After Store Severs Ties
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:35:44 am »
I decided not to shop at Macy's anymore after they came out with vocal and effusive support of gay marriage after the SCOTUS decision. Trump's problems with Macy's really don't resonate with me.
Yeah, Macy's is not exactly on our side in the culture wars.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024