Author Topic: Hardly Any Women Regret Having an Abortion, a New Study Finds  (Read 578 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://time.com/3956781/women-abortion-regret-reproductive-health/

Ninety-five percent of women who have had abortions do not regret the decision to terminate their pregnancies, according to a study published last week in the multidisciplinary academic journal PLOS ONE. The study was carried out by researchers from the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health at UC San Francisco’s School of Medicine, and from the university’s division of biostatistics. Its conclusions come after a three-year research period in which nearly 670 women were regularly surveyed on the subject of their abortions. The sample group was diverse with regard to standard social metrics (race, education, and employment) and on the matter of what the study calls pregnancy and abortion circumstances. Financial considerations were given as the reasons for an abortion by 40 percent of women; 36 percent had decided it was “not the right time;” 26 percent of women found the decision very or somewhat easy; 53 percent found it very or somewhat difficult.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Hardly Any Women Regret Having an Abortion, a New Study Finds
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 09:18:21 pm »
The kind of woman who would kill her own young and feel no shame is nothing short of a barbarian.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Millee

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 09:22:17 pm »
I don't believe this for a second.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 09:27:19 pm »
What a great social icebreaker.

"Hi. I think you are cute. But before I proceed, I must ask you; have you ever, or would you ever terminate a pregnancy?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 09:45:40 pm »
The only thing any 'poll' measures is, it is a measurement of how people answer a 'poll'.

It is not truth. It is not reality. It is simply a measure of  "what people tell you". It is nothing more than that.

The reality is much darker. Many women suffer lifelong trauma from having an abortion. Every time they hear a crying baby, they could actually breakdown, thinking it is their own. When they see a baby, they wonder what theirs would have looked like.

There are deep psychological and hormonal aspects to pregnancy which cannot be simply 'dismissed'. It does not work that way. Unless you are a psychopath.

However, America is not currently suffering from a shortage of psychopaths. But, 95% would be a fairly high estimate.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:46:35 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.