Author Topic: US-led warplanes are pummeling the de facto ISIS capital like never before  (Read 342 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-led-airstrikes-isis-raqqa-capital-2015-7

The US-led coalition battling the Islamic State (also known as ISIS or ISIL) has dramatically intensified its air war against the militant group with strikes pummeling the group's de-facto capital of Raqqa, Syria. Since Wednesday, the coalition has conducted aerial strikes against more than 70 ISIS targets. One airstrike was responsible for bombing 20 ISIS staging areas around Raqqa, according to Brett McGurk, the US deputy special presidential envoy for the Global Coalition to Counter ISIS. In addition to the strikes around Raqqa, the US-led coalition also destroyed ISIS fighting positions and tactical units in Tal Abyad, Kobani, Aleppo, and Al Bukamal in Syria, according to a press release from the coalition.

"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

rangerrebew

I guess Obama's declaration that ideologies win wars, not bullets, doesn't include bombs. :shrug:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I guess Obama's declaration that ideologies win wars, not bullets, doesn't include bombs. :shrug:

Yes.  On the one hand, he says we are accomplishing much by our airstrikes - and on the other hand, he says guns don't win wars.  He lies with impunity, thanks to the media - and most Americans are too stupid and too apathetic to even care as long as they are fat and happy.  We truly do get the government we deserve. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online kevindavis007

Right... All ISIS can do is just move their de facto capital to Libya..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You mean they've actually DROPPED some bombs finally?

I'll believe it when I hear it from inside Syria. Not from inside Washington.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink