Author Topic: Pope begs forgiveness for sins and 'offences' of church against indigenous of America  (Read 674 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/world/pope-begs-forgiveness-for-sins-and-offences-of-church-against-indigenous-of-america-1.2460791

Pope Francis apologized Thursday for the sins, offences and crimes committed by the Catholic Church against indigenous peoples during the colonial-era conquest of the Americas, delivering a powerful mea culpa on the part of the church in the climactic highlight of his South American pilgrimage. History's first Latin American pope "humbly" begged forgiveness during an encounter in Bolivia with indigenous groups and other activists and in the presence of Bolivia's first-ever indigenous president, Evo Morales.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline raml

He can go to hell. When he sits in judgement in front of God he'll have a lot to answer for glad I am not him. He has yet to read the bible and it shows.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
When he is judged, he'll fare exactly the same as the rest of us. Very poorly, except for the Grace of God.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yes. Something is not quite right here.

The Pope is the leader of a religion, I think that is what he is supposed to be?
        *Help the fallen...
        *Heal the sick
        *Feed the hungry

This Pope is more concerned with Global Warming, and Capitalism, and whatever other Leftwing bullshit that he can "pontificate" on (that made me laugh) than he is his own religion. What about addressing the encroachment of Islam into ever part of what is traditionally Catholic land. How about saying something, anything, about that?

But you know he never will. Just another fallen failed Leftist shill.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yes. Something is not quite right here.

The Pope is the leader of a religion, I think that is what he is supposed to be?
        *Help the fallen...
        *Heal the sick
        *Feed the hungry

This Pope is more concerned with Global Warming, and Capitalism, and whatever other Leftwing bullshit that he can "pontificate" on (that made me laugh) than he is his own religion. What about addressing the encroachment of Islam into ever part of what is traditionally Catholic land. How about saying something, anything, about that?

But you know he never will. Just another fallen failed Leftist shill.
At the start of his papacy, he did just that, and perhaps better than any of his recent predecessors. He does still pay some lipservice to crimes against Christianity. It is only lately that he has forgotten his mission and turned his focus away from God's calling for His people and toward left-wing causes aimed outside the church. That is not Christian. That is greed, just as much the "devil's dung" as the supposed sins he railed against in this speech.

There's another article describing, more or less, the full speech the Pope made. He openly admitted he wanted to rile the poor up into an uprising and take the planet and all its bounty. Usury and fiscal conservatism ("austerity," which I was always taught was a Christian virtue) were treated as part of the same sentence.

I'm reminded of the scene where Jesus fed the 4,000. This was after he had fed the 5,000, and apparently after word had gone out, he drew a much bigger crowd. But Jesus made this crowd wait three days, as he preached. A good chunk of that second crowd fell away when it seemed like he wasn't there to give out free food, leaving only the 4,000. Would the Pope have been among those who left, thinking he had a right to his Savior's bounty when he demanded it? Perhaps he would have been a Theudas or Judas of Galilee, a false prophet and rebel leader acting on his own beliefs and not God's.

The language which the Pope continues to use is not becoming of the leader of Christianity. Such a leader, if grounded in the gospel, would be wise to advise his flock to live modestly on yourself, be generous to those truly in need, support and rebuke your fellow Christians when needed, and pay only what heed is necessary to those who are not Christians.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline raml

He is not a Christian and leads nothing this pope is not what the bible calls a follower of Christ he is a liberal in priests clothing and makes me sick to my stomach every time I see him on tv. He is worse than Obama who also is another liar because he claims to be a leader in faith.