Author Topic: Sarah Palin Pulls Plug on Internet Subscription-Video Channel  (Read 764 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/sarah-palin-internet-subscription-video-channel-1201535281/

by Todd Spangler
July 7, 2015

Sarah Palin’s views on America, politics, immigration and family values may not have been compelling enough to convince many people to fork over $10 per month.

Last summer, the conservative former governor of Alaska, ex-Fox News pundit and one-time U.S. VP candidate launched the Sarah Palin Channel, which she promised would deliver perspectives that “cut through the media’s politically correct filter.”

But after one year, Palin is ending the subscription service. She announced in a July 4 post that her video content will be distributed free on her political action committee’s site and Facebook, on which she has 4.4 million followers. “Effective August 1st, the governor will be making all of her content free on her Facebook page and at SarahPac.com,” said a message posted on SarahPalinChannel.com.

With the change, Palin will end her partnership with Tapp, the online-video venture formed by Jeff Gaspin, former chairman of NBCUniversal Television, and Jon Klein, former president of CNN U.S.

See More:Sarah Palin Launches Her Own Channel Online

Palin “won’t be working with Tapp moving forward,” a company rep said, given that the startup is focused on subscription-based services. Tapp did not disclose how many paying subscribers the Sarah Palin Channel had signed up.

Access to the Sarah Palin Channel had cost $9.95 per month or $99.95 for a one-year subscription. According to the message on the site, monthly subscribers will no longer be charged after July. Annual subscribers can opt to either have the remainder of their subscription fees refunded or apply it to one of Tapp’s three other over-the-top services: Alive with Joan Lunden, focused on breast cancer patients and survivors; New Life TV, hosted by Christian relationship counselor and radio host Steve Arterburn; and K-Love TV, a Christian music channel.

Investors in Tapp include Discovery Communications, Luminari Capital and individuals including investment bankers Ken Moelis and Peter Ezersky.

The Sarah Palin Channel has featured her commentary on “important issues facing the nation,” including videos with such titles as “Still No Obama Plan to Defeat ISIS,” “Gun Free Doesn’t Equal Crime Free” and “Spending Snafu Benefits Spanish Speakers.” It also offered a glimpse into Palin’s personal life with segments like “The Joy of Christmas” and “Moose Meat: It’s What’s for Dinner!”
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Sarah Palin Pulls Plug on Internet Subscription-Video Channel
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 04:14:35 pm »
I wish Sarah luck.  I think she is a good-hearted person, it's too bad her daughter Bristol couldn't stop inserting herself in the news - it's just a big distraction and takes away from any message Sarah is trying to send.  The girl obviously has some issues.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 04:35:09 pm »
I wish Sarah luck.  I think she is a good-hearted person, it's too bad her daughter Bristol couldn't stop inserting herself in the news - it's just a big distraction and takes away from any message Sarah is trying to send.  The girl obviously has some issues.
The entire Palin family is like a one or two season gig. Been there, don that. There are only so many ways to cook moose, and to get drunk and knocked up in the far north.

Not to mention the barely intelligible run-on-and-on-and-on sentences of Sarah Palin's "journalism" style.

Just another example from the right, of preaching values that you cannot execute on yourself (Duggar, etc.).
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 04:38:27 pm »
The entire Palin family is like a one or two season gig. Been there, don that. There are only so many ways to cook moose, and to get drunk and knocked up in the far north.

Not to mention the barely intelligible run-on-and-on-and-on sentences of Sarah Palin's "journalism" style.

Just another example from the right, of preaching values that you cannot execute on yourself (Duggar, etc.).

And that is the true Achilles Heel of Conservatism.

When one spouts on about principles and morality, your name had better be Jesus Christ, Himself.

Because, when you slip up, or one of your children slips up, you are held up to ridicule.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 05:00:30 pm »

When one spouts on about principles and morality, your name had better be Jesus Christ, Himself.

Because, when you slip up, or one of your children slips up, you are held up to ridicule.
Or simply this: hold others to the same standard you hold yourself. It has worked for me my entire life. I'm not saying I consider myself perfect, but I at least will admit my failures, learn from them, and not make the same mistake twice.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 07:10:55 pm »

When I came of age in the 60s I don't remember the Republican party, and "conservatism" as being about fundamentalist religion and defending symbols of slavery, as it has morphed into being.

Since the 60s the political poles effectively reversed, leaving the GOP with defenders of Southern slaveholding, and the evangelist fraction of Christianity.

Both are minorities, but they are loud and proud. High emotion. Narrow but deep.

This will be a fascinating political process. Low information voters on both sides AND in the middle will be targets of emotional pitches for support.

Of course there are sound arguments which are other than emotional, but as can be seen regarding Trump's approach, emotion wins the day. 

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 08:10:36 pm »

All people are capable of hypocrisy; only virtuous people suffer for it.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 07:53:07 pm »
"Sarah Palin Pulls Plug on Internet Subscription-Video Channel"

Who in his/her right mind cares?

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 07:55:52 pm »

:beer: :da man: