Author Topic: Britain’s First Female Sharia Judge says “We Can’t Ask Muslims NOT to Have More than One Wife”  (Read 899 times)

rangerrebew

Britain’s First Female Sharia Judge says “We Can’t Ask Muslims NOT to Have More than One Wife”

By Onan Coca   / 6 July 2015   / 2 Comments   

Does anyone actually still believe that Sharia Law can coexist with our system of Constitutional law? If you happen to run into someone who still believe this fantasy, have them take a look to the East and notice what is happening in Europe -- particularly in the UK, where the government has given limited ability for Sharia courts to operate in Muslim communities.

As the Muslim population grows, more and more young Muslims are eschewing the legal means of marriage and embracing Sharia weddings.

As many as 100,000 couples are living in such marriages, which are not valid under UK law, and bypassing register offices, experts said. Ministers have raised fears that women can be left without the right to a fair share of assets if the relationship ends, while others are forced to return to abusive “husbands”.

This new trend is also giving rise to another particularly Muslim (though there are other cultures who practice this) tradition – polygamy.

A leading Islamic family lawyer warned that the increase in Sharia ceremonies among the 2.7 million-strong Muslim population in Britain was also behind a growth in “secret polygamy”.

“Probably a quarter of all couples I see involve polygamy issues,” Aina Khan told The Times. “There has been a huge rise in recent years because people can have a secret nikah [Islamic marriage] and no one will know about it.”

sharia courtThe growth in a parallel marriage system that bypassed the register office was being driven by Muslims aged below 30, who were becoming more religious, she said. Other factors include finding a way around the expectation of no sex before marriage and a fear of British family courts, which presume that assets should be split equally.

The rise in polygamy and Sharia marriages can be attributed to a couple of factors. First, young British Muslims are becoming more religious and the trend is leading them to live more faithfully to the cultural norms in the Islamic world. Secondly, the Sharia courts, which are supposed to operate inside Britain’s legal system, have been working outside British law in allowing these unregistered marriages. (One wonders where else these courts might be disregarding British law to allow religious Muslims to live as they choose and in direct opposition to the law.)

One such example of what is happening in the UK comes to us from Sharia judge Amra Bone (who is the UK’s first female Sharia judge). Bone recently said that “the government cannot — ask Muslims not to have more than one wife. People have a right to decide for themselves,” meaning that she believes that Muslims in Britain don’t have to obey the laws of the nation because the Sharia law is of greater consequence.

The British were foolish to believe that the Sharia courts could coexist with British law, and the weakest in Britain’s Muslim society are now paying the price. Any attempt at integrating Islamic religious law into Western culture and law will end disastrously because the philosophies governing each are in diametric opposition. They are like oil and water; they cannot coexist in the same space – you either have Sharia law or you have Western civic law. You cannot have both.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/20520/britains-first-female-sharia-judge-says-we-cant-ask-muslims-not-to-have-more-than-one-wife/#lg8RD6BvMr5tRyuj.99

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
She is, of course, quite correct.

We can't ask them not to.

We bloody well tell them not to. What part of "our country, our laws" is so damned hard to understand?

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline andy58-in-nh

She is, of course, quite correct.

We can't ask them not to.

We bloody well tell them not to. What part of "our country, our laws" is so damned hard to understand?

Because when you ask them to either peaceably obey your nation's laws or else return to the lovely homeland from whence they came, the Muslim response is not thoughtful comprehension, but outraged offense.

But that is the stock Islamic response to any such request, however kindly offered by their hosts, to alter or amend their behavior in a manner conducive to living in peace and harmony... with the people they ultimately intend to convert or kill, which is to say, all of the rest of us.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Muslims are on a mission of conquest. They care nothing about coexistence. If you do not believe me then just listen to what they are saying. Listen to their leaders. They are all saying the same thing, and that is that Islam will rule the entire Earth. They are not being stealthy or sneaky about it, they are yelling it in the streets.

The only people who deny the Muslim goal of conquest and domination are the weirdo hippy Liberals who deny that 'evil' even exists at all. Muslims do not deny it. In fact, they celebrate it. The only people who deny Muslim constant, persistent, and determined aggression every where across the globe are Liberals.

The weirdest part is that the Muslims biggest defenders, the Liberals, a Muslim would kill a Liberal and a homosexual, like it is to eat a cracker for lunch.

Liberals are truly insane. I mean they really, really, are. Denying truth and reality does not change it. Liberals cannot understand this basic fact of life, because they do not want to.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Liberals are truly insane. I mean they really, really, are. Denying truth and reality does not change it. Liberals cannot understand this basic fact of life, because they do not want to.

Insane, and self-destructive.

There are many, many people in parts of this country who consider Evangelical Christians to be a far greater threat to their freedom than ISIS. Seriously. Delusional.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
John Boehner has just sighed up for 'genetic re-ordering', he wants to be as he calls it a real woman. Cut my dick off Obama, I will still love Yooou.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Paladin

Cut my dick off Obama, I will still love Yooou.

I dunno, 240B. Were Boehner to do that I suspect Obama might dump him.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.