Author Topic: Obama to Deliver Eulogy for Slain S.C. Pastor Clementa Pinckney  (Read 805 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charleston-church-shooting/obama-deliver-eulogy-slain-s-c-pastor-clementa-pinckney-n379871

President Barack Obama will deliver the eulogy for the Rev. Clementa Pinckney, one of nine people killed in last week's shootings at a Charleston, South Carolina, church, the White House said Monday.

Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will all attend funeral services Friday for Pinckney, a state senator and pastor of Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, one of the oldest and most influential African-American churches in the U.S. Pinckney and eight other people were shot to death last week at a Wednesday night Bible study session.

Obama will be visiting the state as it is torn over calls to remove a Confederate flag from the grounds of the state Capitol. The flag was moved from the dome of the statehouse in 2000 to a separate part of the grounds in a compromise over racial connotations of the flag.

Gov. Nikki Haley and Sens. Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott — all of them Republicans — called for the flag's complete removal on Monday.

Good gwad........it will be the best speech ever!!!!  Full of gun hating, anti-confederate flag, evil white man rhetoric. It will be orgasmic for the left. WH will have bus loads of his followers in the wings outside of the church with anti-confederate flag,  anti-gun, evil white man signs. I wonder how many of the 9 dead embarrassed by this cr4p?   **nononono*

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obama to Deliver Eulogy for Slain S.C. Pastor Clementa Pinckney
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 04:05:04 pm »
Full of gun hating, anti-confederate flag, evil white man rhetoric.
Lots of fake southern Black dialect, too. Maybe Hillary should give him some lessons.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 04:59:11 pm »
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charleston-church-shooting/obama-deliver-eulogy-slain-s-c-pastor-clementa-pinckney-n379871

Good gwad........it will be the best speech ever!!!!  Full of gun hating, anti-confederate flag, evil white man rhetoric. It will be orgasmic for the left. WH will have bus loads of his followers in the wings outside of the church with anti-confederate flag,  anti-gun, evil white man signs. I wonder how many of the 9 dead embarrassed by this cr4p?   **nononono*

How many spin-off killings will his hate-filled speech produce?  I despise this race baiting, $hit stirring hater!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 05:01:29 pm »
Lots of fake southern Black dialect, too. Maybe Hillary should give him some lessons.

We'll be treated by his sour angry face and his mouth doing that thing it does - someone described it as looking like he has a turd tucked under his lower lip.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 06:09:02 pm »
The community response is too peaceful and the healing too genuine for Obama and his dismal race-baiting thugs to abide.

He's got to stir things up a bit.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 06:09:48 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 06:56:39 pm »
If this President had a history of offering healing words and bringing people together, then it might be a good idea for him to speak at such a venue, although I would still prefer to invite someone less prominent who might not risk being drawn into others' attempts at politicization.

But this President is in fact the last person I'd want making such an address, having a long and storied history of endlessly politicizing everything.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 07:16:43 pm »
If this President had a history of offering healing words and bringing people together, then it might be a good idea for him to speak at such a venue, although I would still prefer to invite someone less prominent who might not risk being drawn into others' attempts at politicization.

But this President is in fact the last person I'd want making such an address, having a long and storied history of endlessly politicizing everything.

Americans elected Jesse Jackson, twice.