Author Topic: Rove: 'So many warning signs' on Charleston  (Read 805 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rove: 'So many warning signs' on Charleston
« on: June 21, 2015, 02:39:16 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/245658-rove-so-many-warning-signs-on-charleston

June 21, 2015, 09:50 am
Rove: 'So many warning signs' on Charleston

By Mark Hensch

GOP strategist Karl Rove said on Sunday he believes too many people turned a blind eye on hints before last week’s mass shooting in Charleston, S.C.

“There were so many warning signs here,” Rove told host Chris Wallace during a panel discussion on “Fox News Sunday.”

“I wish someone had spoken up and said this person is a danger to himself and others,” he added of Dylann Storm Roof, the suspected gunman.

Reports emerged on Saturday that Roof operated a website boasting photos and writings with racist and violent undertones.

Rove said on Sunday he was shocked no one had noticed the troubling webpage earlier.

“He put things up on the Internet we didn’t give any credence to whatsoever,” he said.

Roof, 21, allegedly uttered racial epithets before opening fire on Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church on Wednesday evening.

He is suspected of targeting the church over its historic significance in Charleston’s African American community.

Rove said on Sunday that the attack was an “act of racist, bigoted evil.”

Despite this, he noted the nation’s overall progress on race relations since the civil rights era.

“Think about how far we’ve come,” he said. “We saw an entire state, an entire community, come together as one, united against this evil act.”

Police arrested Roof on Thursday morning after a 14-hour manhunt for his whereabouts.

He was apprehended in Shelby, N.C., approximately 250 miles from the scene of the crime.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Rove: 'So many warning signs' on Charleston
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 03:14:58 pm »
There are lots of crazy people that post lots of weird crap on the internet. Most of those people don't shoot up churches. It's not realistic to believe we should have had the foresight to see this coming.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:15:22 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 05:22:21 pm »
Every single mass killing has occurred in a gun-free zone.

Instead of recognizing that fact, the left wants a flag taken down. Feel-goodism is the primary sin of liberalism.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 05:57:17 pm »
Every single mass killing has occurred in a gun-free zone.

Instead of recognizing that fact, the left wants a flag taken down. Feel-goodism is the primary sin of liberalism.

There's a line/quote from the Netflix series "Peaky Blinders" where Thomas says, "When boys grow up and have never fought [for a country or cause], they remain boys."

That certainly can be applied to the millennial generation...as well as the X generation before them.

We've spawned a generation of 'pajama boys'.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:58:15 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 09:13:12 pm »
There's a line/quote from the Netflix series "Peaky Blinders" where Thomas says, "When boys grow up and have never fought [for a country or cause], they remain boys."

That certainly can be applied to the millennial generation...as well as the X generation before them.

We've spawned a generation of 'pajama boys'.

If you want to apply that, apply it to the Baby Boomers too. Many, many of them never grew up. Under that standard the WWII generation is the last that can honestly have claim to manhood.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 09:31:41 pm »
If you want to apply that, apply it to the Baby Boomers too. Many, many of them never grew up. Under that standard the WWII generation is the last that can honestly have claim to manhood.

I disagree with that, FV.

We had Vietnam. 

But, I get your point. 

The character in Peaky Blinders, probably about 30 years old, said, he'd killed a hundred men himself, and that he'd watch a thousand die in front of his eyes.   He was a brute with dead eyes.

Good series BTW.   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2442560/

Set in the early 1900's in and around London.   The IRA was big then, too.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 09:32:44 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 01:00:05 am »
Fighting for a country or cause shows that boy there is something bigger than himself, a foreign concept for so many today's self-absorbed youth.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 01:13:24 am »
I disagree with that, FV.

We had Vietnam. 

But, I get your point. 

The character in Peaky Blinders, probably about 30 years old, said, he'd killed a hundred men himself, and that he'd watch a thousand die in front of his eyes.   He was a brute with dead eyes.

Good series BTW.   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2442560/

Set in the early 1900's in and around London.   The IRA was big then, too.

I've got Peaky Blinders on my watch list, but I haven't watched it yet.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 02:43:55 am »
I've got Peaky Blinders on my watch list, but I haven't watched it yet.

Really enjoyed it, Lea.   Each season is 'only' 6 episodes.....so it moves fast.

Great ending, btw.

NOTE:  with the accent/dialect, thank God for closed caption!  LOL!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 02:57:46 am »
Really enjoyed it, Lea.   Each season is 'only' 6 episodes.....so it moves fast.

Great ending, btw.

NOTE:  with the accent/dialect, thank God for closed caption!  LOL!

I'll start watching it, sounds like my kind of fare.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!