Author Topic: Salon: White People Must Answer For Charleston Church Shooting  (Read 1031 times)

rangerrebew

- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

Salon: White People Must Answer For Charleston Church Shooting

Posted By Derek Hunter On 10:58 AM 06/18/2015 In | No Comments

Before the first body is buried, before the monster who did it is caught, the liberal website Salon has declared the horrific Charleston church massacre “violence white America must answer for.”

“The story is still developing. At present, Charleston authorities are reporting that this mass shooting and likely right-wing domestic terrorist assault is a hate crime,” Chauncey DeVega writes (emphasis added).

The motivation of the shooter is not known, but his actions are his own. Still, Salon has no qualms about assigning motivation and blame to the politics of those who don’t agree with their radical agenda.

WATCH:

This isn’t the first time the establishment media assigned motivation and a political belief to a monster after they shot people. The Colorado theater shooter, James Holmes, was called a tea party member by ABC News simply because someone in the local tea party had the same name. Andrew Stack flew his plane into an IRS building in Austin, Texas, and the media assumed he was a “right-winger.” The Boston Marathon bombing was initially blamed on “right-wingers.”

DeVega declares, “White right-wing domestic terrorism is one of the greatest threats to public safety and security in post 9/11 United States of America. Such a plain-spoken fact is verboten in mainstream American public discourse.”

So what does DeVega want answers to? What does he say the (white) media won’t press? He writes:

As such, there are several phrases and words that are likely to not be used by the corporate news media in the discussions of the Charleston mass murders at the Emanuel Baptist Church.

They include:
1.What is radicalizing white men to commit such acts of domestic terrorism and mass shootings? Are Fox News and the right-wing media encouraging violence?
2.Is something wrong with the white family? Why are their sons and men so violent?
3.What should law enforcement and white politicians do about white crime?
4.Is the Charleston mass shooting just one more sign that America needs sensible and reasonable gun control policies?
5.Where are the white fathers in the white home?
6.When will white leadership step up and stop white right-wing domestic terrorism?
7.Is White American culture pathological? Why is White America so violent?
8.Are there appropriate role models for white men and boys? Could better role models and mentoring help to prevent white men and boys from committing mass shootings and being seduced by right-wing domestic terrorism?

Once and again, white privilege is the power to be the ultimate individual where one’s actions and behavior rarely if ever reflects on the collective character of white people en masse.

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/18/salon-white-people-must-answer-for-charleston-church-shooting/

Offline olde north church

Re: Salon: White People Must Answer For Charleston Church Shooting
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 04:06:04 pm »

"Mea culpa!  MEA CULPA!!!"
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 04:08:47 pm »
No, the shooter needs to answer for it.  I don't have anything to answer for.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 04:14:17 pm »
....as well as Salon's writers and editors must answer for being inciting to violence and just plain f**king ignorant.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »

It worked for Clintoon when he wanted to take down the Patriot movement...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 05:12:44 pm »
No, the shooter needs to answer for it.  I don't have anything to answer for.
Exactly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline raml

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 06:06:39 am »
I feel no white guilt at all I didn't shoot them and would never wish any of these people harm nor for would I want white people hurt either. Now regular people not military who kill or maim or torture I would love to see them go down and never get up.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 11:46:32 am »
1.What is radicalizing white men to commit such acts of domestic terrorism and mass shootings? Are Fox News and the right-wing media encouraging violence?
Time and again, the answer has proven to be psychotropic drugs.
2.Is something wrong with the white family? Why are their sons and men so violent?
Where were you when you killed your wife?
3.What should law enforcement and white politicians do about white crime?
The same thing they would do about black crime, Hispanic crime, Asian crime, etc.
4.Is the Charleston mass shooting just one more sign that America needs sensible and reasonable gun control policies?
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
5.Where are the white fathers in the white home?
This is a stupid question. More present than they are in the black home, if statistics are any indication, and in this particular case, the father was active in the shooter's life. That being said, in general, no-fault divorce, broken families and couples who have kids and then quit bothering to maintain their relationship are a major problem these days.
6.When will white leadership step up and stop white right-wing domestic terrorism?
What "white leadership?" White organizations have been vilified, marginalized and mocked to the point where they have no authority.
7.Is White American culture pathological? Why is White America so violent?
As compared to what?
8.Are there appropriate role models for white men and boys? Could better role models and mentoring help to prevent white men and boys from committing mass shootings and being seduced by right-wing domestic terrorism?
There are such role models, and they could be found in a good Christian church.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:49:02 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 12:17:31 pm »
I wonder.

Does Rachel Dolezal have to answer for the Charleston massacre?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 12:20:36 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx