Author Topic: Black activists fear ‘race war’ amid Charleston shooting  (Read 1302 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/18/black-activists-fear-race-war-amid-charleston-shoo/print/

Black activists fear ‘race war’ amid Charleston shooting
By S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Updated: 4:17 p.m. on Thursday, June 18, 2015

CHARLESTON, S.C. — Black community activists raised alarms Thursday about the mass murder at the historic black church potentially sparking race riots in Charleston, South Carolina.

"We don't need any more bloodshed and we don't need a race war," pleaded J. Denise Cromwell, a black community activists. "Charleston has a lot of racial tension. … We're drowning and someone is pouring water over us."

Ms. Cromwell said that nerves were still raw from the fatal shooting two months ago of a black man, Walter Scott, by a white police officer in neighboring North Charleston, which ignited major protests.

Black activist Michelle Felder, 58, said she feared the city's young people "aren't thinking" and might seek revenge, an emotional reaction that she said she understood but was mature enough to resist.

"This is 2015 and we are still going through the same things we went through 50 years ago," she said. "This is so sickening. We are so tired."

Religious and political leaders have repeatedly called for calm since the shooting Wednesday night.

Pastor Thomas A. Dixon, a civil rights activist and community organizer, urged the city's black residents to "keep your emotions under control."

"We've been consistently putting forward a message of remain reserved and stay calm," said Mr. Dixon, who participated in an afternoon prayer vigil at Morrison Street Baptist Church, a few blocks from Emanuel AME.

Mr. Dixon called the attack "senseless" and a "horrific crime," but he said the violence was not a new phenomena and stressed that similar attacks have targeted groups other than blacks.

"It is a crime that has happened in Jewish synagogs, Buddhist temples, Catholic churches and movie theaters and now it has come to Charleston to this AME church," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: Black activists fear ‘race war’ amid Charleston shooting
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 08:31:07 pm »
The "activists" fear there will be a race war or fear there won't be one.  Given the race baiters of recent years I would say they fear there won't be a race war.  I'm certain Obama would like a good race war so he can declare martial law.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 09:58:52 pm »
The "activists" fear there will be a race war or fear there won't be one.  Given the race baiters of recent years I would say they fear there won't be a race war. 

Seems that some of the smarter ones might be coming to the realization that you shouldn't start a 'war' when you only represent 15% of the population.

You're kinda outnumbered from the outset...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mrclose

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 10:28:07 pm »
A cursory search ..

CNN Live Shot In Charleston Interrupted By Black Woman Screaming “White People Are Terrorists!”

Black Activists Warn Of Potential Race Riots In Charleston After Church Shooting

Rutgers Scholar: “There Are No Good White People. There Are Only Less Bad White People”

Univ. Of Maryland Professor Blames Charleston Shooting On The “Ideology Of Racism Promoted By Fox News” – Update: Also Blames “Glorification of Mass Murderer” Chris Kyle For Massacre In Charleston

Van Jones Demands Media Use Term “White Racist Terrorist” After Charleston Church Shooting

Liberals Call For Disarming All White People In Wake Of Charleston Church Shooting

What agenda?  :shrug:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 11:03:13 pm »
Fear? I suspect it's more likely that certain elements WANT cover for a race war.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Carling

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 11:26:56 pm »
The "activists" fear there will be a race war or fear there won't be one.  Given the race baiters of recent years I would say they fear there won't be a race war.  I'm certain Obama would like a good race war so he can declare martial law.

The community activists and religious leaders don't want a race war.

Obama and the Dems in DC want a race war.  It's going to be a long, hot summer.  1968 all over again?  My advice for people of all races is to stay away from downtown areas of larger cities.  I'm going to steer clear of everywhere in Portland outside of NW 21st-NW23rd, and I may not even go there although the food is awesome.  The delicious and wildly ethnic food carts on 10th and  Alder?  I'm not going near them for lunch if things start to go south, even though the food is delicious and relatively cheap.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 12:47:09 am »
Fear? I suspect it's more likely that certain elements WANT cover for a race war.

ding-ding....give that man a prize. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 12:55:14 am »
The community activists and religious leaders don't want a race war.

Obama and the Dems in DC want a race war.  It's going to be a long, hot summer.  1968 all over again?  My advice for people of all races is to stay away from downtown areas of larger cities. I'm going to steer clear of everywhere in Portland outside of NW 21st-NW23rd, and I may not even go there although the food is awesome.  The delicious and wildly ethnic food carts on 10th and  Alder?  I'm not going near them for lunch if things start to go south, even though the food is delicious and relatively cheap.

I have to inspect a Freddie Mac foreclosure listing monthly.  They want pics of the rear of the house and they bolted the rear door to the back yard so that I must walk around the line of townhouses to get there.

When I drove up yesterday, this is what I saw in my path.  I took the pic with a zoom lens.  No way was I going to get out of my car since the entire cul-de-sac of 30+ properties was deserted.

except for these two characters.

I told the guy to get on a plane and take the damn pictures himself.  He said nothing.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald