Author Topic: Obama sends ‘warmest’ Ramadan greetings to Muslims  (Read 456 times)

rangerrebew

Obama sends ‘warmest’ Ramadan greetings to Muslims
« on: June 18, 2015, 02:45:17 pm »
Obama sends ‘warmest’ Ramadan greetings to Muslims

President Barack Obama speaks during a picnic for members of Congress on the South Lawn of the White House, on Wednesday, June 17, 2015, in Washington. (AP)

Staff writer, Al Arabiya News
 Thursday, 18 June 2015

U.S. President Barack Obama offered in a Wednesday message his “warmest greetings” to Muslims celebrating the beginning of Ramadan, saying that the Islamic fasting month was the time to “reinforce faith, compassion and forgiveness, and perseverance through adversity.”

“As the new crescent moon brings in the holy month of Ramadan, Michelle and I send our warmest greetings to all those observing the month of fasting in the United States and around the world,” Obama said in a statement on the White House website.

The month “is also a deeply spiritual time of reflection and renewal meant to increase thankfulness and consciousness of God’s mercy.”

The diversity and patriotism of America’s religious communities give strength to all of us, and our freedom to worship reminds us of the values we share,” the statement added.

During the month of Ramadan, Muslims refrain from eating, drinking, smoking, or having sex from sunrise to sunset during the month. They also try to avoid evil thoughts and deeds.

More than 1.5 billion Muslims around the world will mark the fasting month.

Last Update: Thursday, 18 June 2015 KSA 14:17 - GMT 11:17

http://worldaffairsjournal.org/content/pentagon-confirms-us-talks-yemen%E2%80%99s-houthis
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:46:26 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Obama sends ‘warmest’ Ramadan greetings to Muslims
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 02:47:15 pm »
I'm sure :whistle: Muslims will reciprocate at Christmas and Easter.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Obama sends ‘warmest’ Ramadan greetings to Muslims
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 03:02:15 pm »
I'm sure :whistle: Muslims will reciprocate at Christmas and Easter.

Yes, it warms the cockles of my heart.   **nononono*

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!