Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: 'I worked well' with Lindsey Graham and John McCain  (Read 686 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/hillary-clinton-work-well-lindsey-graham-john-mccain-119048.html?hp=l4_4

Hillary Clinton: 'I worked well' with Lindsey Graham and John McCain

By Nick Gass

6/16/15 8:05 AM EDT

If elected president, Hillary Clinton said she would work across the aisle with Republican colleagues in Congress, pledging in an interview with New Hampshire’s Concord Monitor on Monday that she would do “whatever it takes to reach out to anybody, anytime, anywhere in pursuit of common ground on issues that I think are important for the country — but I will also stand my ground.”

In particular, the Democratic frontrunner said, she worked well in the Senate with fellow presidential candidate Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

“Now, we’ll go through the political season, and they’ll be cringing when I say I worked well with them. But my co-sponsor on health care for the National Guard and reserves was Lindsey Graham,” Clinton remarked. “And he may not want to be reminded of it, but we worked really hard to get that done.”

On climate change, Clinton said she worked with McCain “until the political winds changed.”

“And I think that maybe we can get back to trying to find common ground there. So those are just two examples,” she said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/hillary-clinton-work-well-lindsey-graham-john-mccain-119048.html#ixzz3dEHfkpR9
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:57:01 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hillary Clinton: 'I worked well' with Lindsey Graham and John McCain

I'm absolutely sure she did! After all they want exactly what she wants!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Does this mean they made a 'sandwich' with her?

Ala Senators Todd and Kennedy?

Ugh!   The vision... :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

Any lingering belief Grahamnesty was a viable candidate is expunged. :bolt:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Any lingering belief Grahamnesty was a viable candidate is expunged. :bolt:

I suspect Graham was dead to you well before he announced he was running.  I'm not interested in a President Graham either but I am interested in Hitlery's strategy here.

Hitlery faces a challenge from her left from Sanders.  Working with Republicans does not help her with her liberal base and doesn't help Graham with the GOP base...but nobody is looking at Graham as a front runner.  Why bring it up?