Author Topic: Bill Clinton defends foundation, says GOP should be ‘scared’ of Hillary  (Read 458 times)

rangerrebew

Bill Clinton defends foundation, says GOP should be ‘scared’ of Hillary

By Ben Wolfgang - The Washington Times - Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Clinton Foundation never rewarded donors with political favors and accusations to the contrary are “personal attacks” that prove other politicians are scared of Hillary Rodham Clinton, former President Bill Clinton said Sunday.

In a wide-ranging interview on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Mr. Clinton denied that Mrs. Clinton rewarded donors to the Clinton Foundation during her time as secretary of state from 2009 to 2013 and said the controversy stems from pure politics.

“Nobody even suggested it or talked about it or thought about it until the political season began,” he said.

But Mr. Clinton also could not guarantee that foreign donors to the Clinton Foundation weren’t expecting favors in return.

“I know of no example, but you never know what people’s motives are,” he said. “I don’t think Hillary would know either. She was pretty busy those years.”

Charges involving the Clinton Foundation or disputes over the fact that Mrs. Clinton used a private email account during her time at the State Department and subsequently destroyed tens of thousands of emails, Mr. Clinton said, are politically motivated.

He said he’s happy that his wife’s poll numbers — especially on questions about whether the American people trust her — have slipped in recent weeks because it will give the Clinton campaign plenty of time to bounce back and prove themselves to the voting public.

“I’m glad it’s happening now because I trust the American people and I trust her with my life, and have on more than one occasion,” he said. “When people go to personal attacks this far before the election, it means they’re scared of you. And they should be. She’d be a very good president.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/14/bill-clinton-defends-foundation-says-gop-should-be/#ixzz3d9RfZVox
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That's right, folks, because nothing says leadership like making half the country fear you as if that's a good thing.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024