Author Topic: Clinton spokeswoman: 'Hillary is leading pretty handily'  (Read 512 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton spokeswoman: 'Hillary is leading pretty handily'
« on: June 14, 2015, 02:16:40 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/244937-clinton-spokeswoman-hillary-is-leading-pretty-handily

June 14, 2015, 09:42 am
Clinton spokeswoman: 'Hillary is leading pretty handily'

By Mark Hensch

A spokesperson for Hillary Clinton's campaign said on Sunday that the Democratic presidential candidate is the clear frontrunner of the 2016 race so far.

Karen Finney argued that Clinton was far ahead of her competition in both parties.

“Hillary is leading pretty handily all of her Democratic opponents and all the Republican candidates,” Finney told host Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday.”

“Mrs. Clinton is still the top choice,” she added when asked about Clinton’s favorability ratings in recent national polls.

Finney also dismissed criticism that Clinton lacked transparency so far on the campaign trail.

“She has spent hours talking with voters,” she said. “People want to know who you are, what influences you, not just what your positions are but what’s in your heart.”

Finney added that her campaign was more concerned about Clinton’s relationship with voters than what strategies other contenders were using.

“This is a person who has always fought for people who need to have a champion,” Finney said of Clinton.

“They’re going to do the campaign they way they’re going to do their campaign and we’re going to do our campaign the way we’re going to do our campaign,” she added of other White House hopefuls.

Kinney’s remarks follow Clinton’s formal campaign launch on Saturday from New York’s Roosevelt Island.

Kinney refused comment on Sunday about her candidate’s position on President Obama’s controversial trade legislation package.

“I’m going to let my candidate speak to that,” Finney said. “As one of her senior advisers, I think it’s her job to make the news in her campaign.”

“I think you may hear her talk about it sooner rather than later,” she told Wallace. “Over the next several weeks she will put meat on the bones, if you want to say, of her policies.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Clinton spokeswoman: 'Hillary is leading pretty handily'
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 04:11:08 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!