Author Topic: SNEAK: REPUBLICANS PLAN NEW OBAMATRADE PUSH  (Read 4129 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
SNEAK: REPUBLICANS PLAN NEW OBAMATRADE PUSH
« on: June 13, 2015, 12:40:01 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/12/sessions-a-vote-for-taa-next-week-is-a-vote-to-send-fast-track-to-the-presidents-desk/

Sessions: ‘A Vote for TAA Next Week Is a Vote to Send Fast-Track to The President’s Desk’

by Breitbart News12 Jun 201515

U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)

warns:

It appears there will be another attempt by Tuesday to force through new executive powers for President Obama. A vote for TAA next week is a vote to send fast-track to the President’s desk and to grant him these broad new executive authorities. If that happens, it will empower the President to form a Pacific Union encompassing 40 percent of the world’s economy and 12 nations—each with one equal vote. Once the union is formed, foreign bureaucrats will be required to meet regularly to write the Commission’s rules, regulations, and directives—impacting Americans’ jobs, wages, and sovereignty. The union is chartered with a “Living Agreement,” and there is no doubt it will seek to expand its membership and reach over time.

Fast-track will not only apply to the Pacific Union, but can expedite an unlimited number of yet-unseen international compacts for six years. There are already plans to advance through fast-track the Trade in Services Agreement, the goal of which includes labor mobility among more than 50 nations, further eroding the ability of the American people to control their own affairs.

Americans do not want this, did not ask for it, and are pleading from their hearts for their lawmakers to stop it.

The same people projecting the benefits of leaping into a colossal new economic union could not even accurately predict the impact of a standalone agreement with South Korea. The latter deal, which promised to boost our exports to them $10 billion, instead only budged them less than $1 billion, while South Korea’s imports to us increased more than $12 billion, nearly doubling our trading deficit. This new agreement will only further increase our trading deficit: opening our markets to foreign imports while allowing our trading partners to continue their non-tariff barriers that close their markets to ours.

If we want a new trade deal with Japan, or with Vietnam, then they should be negotiated bilaterally and sent to Congress under regular order. Under no circumstances should the House authorize, through fast-track, the formation of a new international commission that will regulate not only trade, but immigration, labor, environmental, and all manner of commercial policy.

What American went to the polls in 2014 to vote for fast-track and a new global union? Can anyone honestly say that Congress is trying to ram this deal through because they think their constituents want it?

While elites dream of a world without borders, voters dream of a world where the politicians they elect put this country’s own citizens first.

The movement among Americans toward a decent, honest populism—toward a refocusing on the needs of American citizens and American interests—grows stronger by the day. Every vote to come before Congress, beginning with the next fast-track push, will face this test: does your plan strengthen or weaken the social and economic position of the loyal, everyday working American?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: SNEAK: REPUBLICANS PLAN NEW OBAMATRADE PUSH
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 12:56:05 am »
Americans do not want this, did not ask for it, and are pleading from their hearts for their lawmakers to stop it.

Why do Republican leaders want this legislation so badly that they are willing to act against the clear desires of not only Democrat voters, but against the expressed opinions of their own political base as well?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 01:10:57 am »

Why do Republican leaders want this legislation so badly that they are willing to act against the clear desires of not only Democrat voters, but against the expressed opinions of their own political base as well?

Because their Chamber of Commerce political masters demand it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 01:31:35 am »
I'm rootin' for Pelosi and the democrats on this one.

Regardless of what their own reasons may be.

This bill deserves burial...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 02:03:30 am »
I say nay to this bill. (And I never use the word nay – except maybe sometimes in summer stock. Oh, those Elizabethans)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 02:25:45 am »
I say nay to this bill. (And I never use the word nay – except maybe sometimes in summer stock. Oh, those Elizabethans)

I say nay as well, my good lord.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 02:54:18 am »
As Vinnie Barbarino would say...."I'm so confused!!"   :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 06:10:02 am »
http://therightscoop.com/scott-walker-republicans-should-vote-for-fast-track-tomorrow/

Scott Walker tells Mark Halperin that he indeed supports Fast Track and that House Republicans should vote for it tomorrow:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=68miVuWzBLs

HALPERIN: Big trade vote in the House tomorrow. You support free trade, you support giving the president fast track authority. You don’t usually agree with him, why are you two in agreement on this?

WALKER: In the larger context it’s important to have free and fair and open trade. To me, if we are in an level playing field, our American workers can compete with anyone in the world and if we don’t vote on this path we’re going to be at a competitive disadvantage. And so I think it just makes sense. And I’m hopeful it goes forward.

HALPERIN: So House Republicans who are undecided should vote yes?

WALKER: Yeah. I think in the end — I mean one of the things that are important to remember now is that Republicans control the House, Republicans control the Senate. If this president were to give them a bad deal they should hold him accountable and vote it down. They have every right to do that under the proposal.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 07:19:16 am »
After the Obamacare Bill fiasco, after EVERY single thing we've seen and heard Barack Obama say and do, why would ANYBODY trust Obama and his party, to provide a sound "Free-trade" agreement?

How freaking naive must one be?  Has Scott Walker been living in a vacuum?  Breathing nitric oxide?

....I'm still confused.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 09:27:36 am »
Scott Walker just blew it with me.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 11:31:50 am »
In general, I support the removal of tariffs and trade barriers.  I oppose the creation of a new international bureaucracy to regulate trade and compromise American sovereignty.  Is the 14-nation Pacific trade agreement a free trade bill, or an international bureaucracy bill?  We have no way of knowing because everything is being kept secret from the American people.  Until there is some transparency as to what exactly is being negotiated, the people should demand there be no fast track authority.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 12:37:55 pm »
Good points, mass.

As usual, any deal crafted by this administration attempts to weaken congress (and the American  people) and empower the little dictator.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 01:31:20 pm »
In general, I support the removal of tariffs and trade barriers.  I oppose the creation of a new international bureaucracy to regulate trade and compromise American sovereignty.  Is the 14-nation Pacific trade agreement a free trade bill, or an international bureaucracy bill?  We have no way of knowing because everything is being kept secret from the American people.  Until there is some transparency as to what exactly is being negotiated, the people should demand there be no fast track authority.

Exactly, Victor.

We've been told that the TPP is NOT the same thing as the TAA.  They voted down the TAA yesterday, and that the TPP vote was to be taken as soon as the TAA passed.  Isn't the TPP the one that's highly classified and not able to be copies or notes taken when reading it behind the 'vaulted' doors?

This is what's confusing me.

Scott Walker , because he's a governor and not a Senator or Congressman, doesn't even have access....and yet, he's going out on the splintered limb...and actually pouncing on it.  Doesn't even notice the creaking.   DUH??

Bottom line, after seven years of this sh*t, anything that Obama wants IS NOT GOOD FOR US...or the Republic.

And if I know that, how come the 'big brains' in our Republican Party don't seem to?   :shrug:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 01:40:47 pm »
The problem with Scott Walker for me is not that he says he supports TAA and TPA. But that he is supporting proposed legislation that is being kept secret from the American people until after it passes. I don't like that.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 02:26:04 pm »
Exactly, Victor.

We've been told that the TPP is NOT the same thing as the TAA.  They voted down the TAA yesterday, and that the TPP vote was to be taken as soon as the TAA passed.  Isn't the TPP the one that's highly classified and not able to be copies or notes taken when reading it behind the 'vaulted' doors?

Scott Walker , because he's a governor and not a Senator or Congressman, doesn't even have access....and yet, he's going out on the splintered limb...and actually pouncing on it.  Doesn't even notice the creaking.   DUH??

Bottom line, after seven years of this sh*t, anything that Obama wants IS NOT GOOD FOR US...or the Republic.

And if I know that, how come the 'big brains' in our Republican Party don't seem to?   :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 02:32:37 pm »

This is, in general, exactly what I told my rep's chief of staff. I'm all for free trade but have had more than my fill of legislation we have to pass to see what's in it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 02:37:55 pm »
Exactly, Victor.

Exactly.  If I had a seat in one of the Legislative chambers, I'd be the leader of the Obama Contrarian Coalition.  Any bill or legislative item supported by the White House, I'm against.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 02:50:42 pm »
The problem with Scott Walker for me is not that he says he supports TAA and TPA. But that he is supporting proposed legislation that is being kept secret from the American people until after it passes. I don't like that.

I don't understand why you have such a complex, top-secret document with so many pages - to have FREE trade?  Wouldn't the epitome of FREE be less and not more?

I don't trust Obama at all and I don't trust either party.  The fact that the Democrats are against it and the Republicans are for it, sets off alarms with me and I am strongly against it. 

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 02:53:32 pm »

I don't trust Obama at all and I don't trust either party.  The fact that the Democrats are against it and the Republicans are for it, sets off alarms with me and I am strongly against it.

A lot of truth in those two sentences, alice.
John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 08:59:53 pm »
Exactly.  If I had a seat in one of the Legislative chambers, I'd be the leader of the Obama Contrarian Coalition.  Any bill or legislative item supported by the White House, I'm against. 

The 2014 midterms were more than an election--they were a restraining order.  I'd love to see the "Obama Contrarian Coalition" become a reality.   :patriot:

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2015, 01:35:12 am »
Its not a secret.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/995/text

The TPP - Trans-Pacific Partnership will be available to the public at least 60 days prior to a vote in Cngress.  The reason that is not available is it is still being negotiated.

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2015, 05:53:10 am »
I wonder if any conservatives will primary Senator Cruz over his support of Obamatrade?

Ted Cruz Explains Why He Supported Fast Track Trade Bill
http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-explains-why-he-supported-fast-track-trade-bill-tpa/

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2015, 02:03:33 pm »
I wonder if any conservatives will primary Senator Cruz over his support of Obamatrade?

Ted Cruz Explains Why He Supported Fast Track Trade Bill
http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-explains-why-he-supported-fast-track-trade-bill-tpa/

I think it has lost him some support.  I was looking over at TOS and Cruz still has his hard-core support (seemed to be mostly the uber-zealous Palin fanatics) - but I saw plenty of comments expressing disappointment and people saying he was off their list.  I have noticed that on Facebook too. 

I like Ted Cruz and would be happy to vote for him, but he is not my first choice.  I've been mostly waiting and watching the declared and undeclared candidates as they begin their campaigns.  But I have to say that his support of this bill has thrown me, it's not a checkmark in the plus column.  Same for Scott Walker.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 11:56:34 am »
I like Ted Cruz and would be happy to vote for him, but he is not my first choice.  I've been mostly waiting and watching the declared and undeclared candidates as they begin their campaigns.  But I have to say that his support of this bill has thrown me, it's not a checkmark in the plus column.  Same for Scott Walker.

I don't know why I even bother to post. You usually say what I'm thinking before I do. Do me a favor, let me say what's on my mind first for a change.  ^-^

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 12:50:10 pm »
I don't know why I even bother to post. You usually say what I'm thinking before I do. Do me a favor, let me say what's on my mind first for a change.  ^-^

Alice has mystic qualities!
John Steinbeck