Author Topic: Walker open to teaming up with Rubio on 2016 ticket  (Read 597 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Walker open to teaming up with Rubio on 2016 ticket
« on: June 11, 2015, 10:15:28 pm »
Walker open to teaming up with Rubio on 2016 ticket
By Ben Kamisar

Gov. Scott Walker (Wis.) is open to the idea of teaming up with Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.) on a GOP presidential ticket, he told Bloomberg on Thursday.

“I do like Marco Rubio, I think he and I have similar thoughts on national defense and foreign policy,” Walker, who is weighing a 2016 run, said in an interview on Bloomberg's With All Due Respect.

Asked by Bloomberg’s Mark Halperin if he would be open to announcing in December that the two of them would run as a ticket, and settle who would be the nominee for president and vice president later, Walker replied that some supporters had pitched that idea.

more at:  http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/244753-walker-open-to-teaming-up-with-rubio-on-2016-ticket

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: Walker open to teaming up with Rubio on 2016 ticket
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 10:15:48 pm »
Told you so..... :tongue2:

it's gonna happen.   :0001:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:16:29 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 10:53:07 pm »
If it happens, Hillary wins and the curent RINOGOP is history. :tongue2:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 11:16:07 pm »
Told you so..... :tongue2:    it's gonna happen.   :0001: 

Hmmm....Maybe I need to pay more attention to Walker and get comfortable with him  ('cause I ain't no big fan of Rubio). 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 12:04:05 am »
I think both Rubio and Fiorina deserve a place in national GOP leadership, whether either makes it on the 2016 ticket or not.

They both appear to be exemplary Americans.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 12:08:01 am »
He's probably open to any number of candidates.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 12:11:24 am »
He's probably open to any number of candidates.

Probably so.

But....he's said YES to Rubio eighteen months out!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 12:13:11 am »
Probably so.

But....he's said YES to Rubio eighteen months out!

Rubio's looking more and more attractive to me ... not that there's anything wrong with that.  :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 12:18:15 am »
I think both Rubio and Fiorina deserve a place in national GOP leadership, whether either makes it on the 2016 ticket or not.

They both appear to be exemplary Americans.

You're right AC! 

But I prefer "electable" in addition to exemplary.   Sure you do too.   :patriot: