Author Topic: NYC Mayor De Blasio: America Has a 'Democracy Problem'  (Read 1278 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYC Mayor De Blasio: America Has a 'Democracy Problem'
« on: June 07, 2015, 09:53:11 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=649245

Newsmax
Sunday, June 7, 2015 05:15 PM

By: Greg Richter

The United States has a "democracy problem" because not enough people are voting, says New York Mayor Bill de Blasio.

"We have declining voter turnout," the Democrat said Sunday on  CBS' "Face the Nation."

De Blasio was responding to an interview with Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie who criticized Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton for saying Republican oppose early voting because they want to suppress votes.

Christie said he opposes increased early voting because he doesn't want to give more opportunities for people to commit voter fraud, but added, "Maybe what's what Mrs. Clinton wants to do."

De Blasio took umbrage, saying, "I think what Gov. Christie is saying distracts from the core point of the dialogue we have to have. … I think Gov. Christie should speak to the proposal rather than just attacking her personally."

Host John Dickerson countered that de Blasio singles out Republicans in his criticism, but that his own city has restrictive voter rules.

"Hillary Clinton didn't quite mention that," Dickerson said. "By making it so political doesn't it undermine her case?"

De Blasio disagreed, saying Clinton is right about "a national vision."

"But I don't think New York City or New York state are doing well enough either," he said. "Our elections are governed by state law and for long time I've believed we need to make fundamental series of reforms."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: NYC Mayor De Blasio: America Has a 'Democracy Problem'
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 10:00:10 pm »
America is not a democracy. That's your problem, Mayor.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 02:45:00 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=649245

Newsmax
Sunday, June 7, 2015 05:15 PM

By: Greg Richter

The United States has a "democracy problem" because not enough people are voting, says New York Mayor Bill de Blasio.

"We have declining voter turnout," the Democrat said Sunday on  CBS' "Face the Nation."

De Blasio was responding to an interview with Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie who criticized Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton for saying Republican oppose early voting because they want to suppress votes.

Christie said he opposes increased early voting because he doesn't want to give more opportunities for people to commit voter fraud, but added, "Maybe what's what Mrs. Clinton wants to do."

De Blasio took umbrage, saying, "I think what Gov. Christie is saying distracts from the core point of the dialogue we have to have. … I think Gov. Christie should speak to the proposal rather than just attacking her personally."

Host John Dickerson countered that de Blasio singles out Republicans in his criticism, but that his own city has restrictive voter rules.

"Hillary Clinton didn't quite mention that," Dickerson said. "By making it so political doesn't it undermine her case?"

De Blasio disagreed, saying Clinton is right about "a national vision."

"But I don't think New York City or New York state are doing well enough either," he said. "Our elections are governed by state law and for long time I've believed we need to make fundamental series of reforms."

Translation: They want the feds to do everything..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 03:25:11 am »
He's right for the wrong reason. Assholes like him keep getting elected. On OUR dime!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Paladin

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 04:09:28 am »
Can somebody please inform hiz honor da mayer that in a country such as ours no one is required to vote and not voting may be as much a statement as voting?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline raml

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 05:02:22 am »
I sure do wish we would go back to being a republic. I doubt that will ever happen though.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 12:29:18 pm »
De Blasio staged a shameless, vapid campaign when he ran for mayor. It was based on meaningless platitudes and sloganeering, and filled with pie-in-the-sky campaign promises.

If more voters had turned out – only 28 percent did – New York City would have a republican mayor now.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:33:56 pm by aligncare »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 07:47:13 pm »
America is not a democracy. That's your problem, Mayor.
He's the type that certainly wishes this were a democracy. Nothing says Democrat Party like mob rule.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org