Author Topic: Barack Obama, World's Most Powerful Man, Makes His Thoughts On Britain's EU Referendum Quite Clear  (Read 604 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
US President Barack Obama has said that America is "looking forward" to the United Kingdom remaining part of the European Union.

Mr Obama's comments came as he met Prime Minister David Cameron for talks in the margins of the G7 summit of world leaders in Schloss Elmau, Germany.

They are the strongest indication yet that Washington wants a Yes vote in the referendum which Mr Cameron has promised by the end of 2017 on whether Britain should stay in the EU.

obama
Obama and Cameron met at the G7 summit

Greeting Mr Cameron at the start of the bilateral talks, Mr Obama said the US-UK relationship remains strong, telling reporters: "We have no closer partner around the world on a whole host of issues."

And he added: "I would note that one of the great values of having the United Kingdom in the European Union is its leadership and strength on a whole host of global challenges, so we very much are looking forward to the United Kingdom staying part of the European Union because we think its influence is positive not just for Europe, but also for the world."

http://report24.co.uk/article/210696/barack-obama-worlds-most-powerful-man-makes-his-thoughts-on-britains-eu-referendum-quite-clear

Get your frigging nose out, Worm.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Yep.  Mind your own business Barack - you've screwed things up enough here! 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline PzLdr

Hey! Europe [including a bunch of folks in Britain] wanted him. They got him. Time to share the misery...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee