Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: American Pharoah wins first Triple Crown since 1978  (Read 842 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: BREAKING NEWS: American Pharoah wins first Triple Crown since 1978
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 11:57:58 pm »
Time of 2:26.65 which is the fastest time since 1992.  Puts Secretariat's time into perspective 2:24.00.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 12:15:00 am »
Time of 2:26.65 which is the fastest time since 1992.  Puts Secretariat's time into perspective 2:24.00.

I'm thrilled - I've been a horse racing fan since my grandfather introduced me to the sport nearly 50 years ago. I still have his lithographs of Whirlaway and Citation from the 1940s. He taught me about lineages and strategy and how to spot a winner. I don't know that I absorbed everything he knew but I do know a beautiful horse when I see one, and American Pharoah is one gorgeous bay colt. And Victor Espinoza is a great jockey! 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 12:26:21 am »
I'm thrilled - I've been a horse racing fan since my grandfather introduced me to the sport nearly 50 years ago. I still have his lithographs of Whirlaway and Citation from the 1940s. He taught me about lineages and strategy and how to spot a winner. I don't know that I absorbed everything he knew but I do know a beautiful horse when I see one, and American Pharoah is one gorgeous bay colt. And Victor Espinoza is a great jockey!

Agreed - and he won going away. I like that.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 03:05:30 am »
That's awesome!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 07:05:06 am »
Very impressive run in all three, his most difficult race was the crowded field in the Kentucky Derby, but he well-established himself even there as the strongest finisher.  Today, in the stretch, you could see the exact moment where Frosted's effort to close was beaten off...he appeared to gain within a length and then the tide stopped suddenly, Frosted's nose came up slightly as he pulled with unsuccessful effort, and every stride put American Pharoah further ahead to a true going-away victory.  He definitely could go the distance.  Excellent time as well, fast, not the other-worldly Secretariat but certainly a stellar champion's time for a mile and a half.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:08:50 am by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan