Author Topic: Marco Rubio and His Wife Cited 17 Times for Traffic Infractions  (Read 1594 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/06/05/marco-rubio-and-his-wife-cited-17-times-for-traffic-infractions-2/?_r=1

9:15 am ET
9:15 am ET By Alan Rappeport and Steve Eder

Senator Marco Rubio has been in a hurry to get to the top, rising from state legislator to United States senator in the span of a decade and now running for president at age 44.

But politics is not the only area where Mr. Rubio, a Republican from Florida, has an affinity for the fast track. He and his wife, Jeanette, have also shown a tendency to be in a rush on the road.

According to a search of the Miami-Dade and Duval County court dockets, the Rubios have been cited for numerous infractions over the years for incidents that included speeding, driving through red lights and careless driving. A review of records dating back to 1997 shows that the couple had a combined 17 citations: Mr. Rubio with four and his wife with 13. On four separate occasions they agreed to attend remedial driving school after a violation.

Mr. Rubio’s troubles behind the wheel predate his days in politics. In 1997, when he was cited for careless driving by a Florida Highway Patrol officer, he was fined and took voluntary driving classes. A dozen years later, in 2009, he was ticketed for speeding on a highway in Duval County and found himself back in driver improvement school.

Things got more complicated in 2011 when Mr. Rubio was alerted to the fact that his license was facing suspension after a traffic camera caught him failing to stop at a red light in his beige Buick. His lawyer, Alex Hanna, paid a $16 fee to delay the suspension and eventually it was dismissed.

continued

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Marco Rubio and His Wife Cited 17 Times for Traffic Infractions
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 03:55:34 pm »
If that's all they got.....it's pretty pathetic..... :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 07:37:38 pm »
If that's all they got.....it's pretty pathetic..... :whistle:

"So what if Hillary lied about Benghazi and destroyed emails on an illegal server - Rubio has a lead foot!!!"
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 07:58:54 pm »
Go to twitter and look for #RubioCrimeSpree posts.   :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 08:14:15 pm »

Meanwhile, Sharptongue owes the IRS $4.5 million...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 08:35:10 pm »
A large majority of those tickets were racked up by Rubio's wife, and in no instance did Rubio attempt to use his position as a US senator to influence any outcome or disposition of the tickets.

This is just a pathetic attempt by the left stream media to smear Rubio.

And yet the media seems predictably disinterested in Hillary's conduct as sos.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 08:54:26 pm »
http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/05/the-4-stupidest-things-about-the-new-york-times-hit-on-marco-rubio/

The 4 Stupidest Things About The New York Times Hit On Marco Rubio
June 5, 2015 By Mollie Hemingway

In what reads almost like a parody, the New York Times went large today with news about Marco Rubio’s supposedly dangerous driving record. The only problem was that it was a complete dud of a story that made its reporters look like chumps. Here are the four major problems with the piece.
Not much of a hit

The piece is headlined “Marco Rubio and His Wife Cited 17 Times for Traffic Infractions,” and begins:

Senator Marco Rubio has been in a hurry to get to the top, rising from state legislator to United States senator in the span of a decade and now running for president at age 44.

But politics is not the only area where Mr. Rubio, a Republican from Florida, has an affinity for the fast track. He and his wife, Jeanette, have also shown a tendency to be in a rush on the road.

But when you read the story, you learn that over nearly 20 years, Rubio has had only four driving infractions. I consider myself a stellar driver and I’ve had that many in 20 years, probably. Maybe three.

Besides, in a world where elite politicians haven’t driven their own cars since 1996 (cough, Hillary Clinton, cough), I gauran-freaking-tee you that average voters identify more with a dude getting a traffic ticket every 4.5 years than someone being chauffeured around for 19 years.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 09:14:21 pm »
Imagine for a second if a minority Democratic politician and his wife had been pulled over 17 combined times by the police.

We'd be hearing about PROFILING!!! and RACIST COPS!!! nonstop.

One of the reasons I love being conservative is that I never have to change my beliefs in order to defend an ideology.  Democrats are now applauding the police for pulling over two Hispanics at a much higher rate than whites, while in Ferguson they call the cops racist for pulling over blacks more than whites.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 10:45:55 pm »
I'd be willing to bet some of his neighbors have driving violations as well.  Maybe some dedicated journalist will find out the count

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 11:10:12 pm »
http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/05/the-4-stupidest-things-about-the-new-york-times-hit-on-marco-rubio/

The 4 Stupidest Things About The New York Times Hit On Marco Rubio
June 5, 2015 By Mollie Hemingway

In what reads almost like a parody, the New York Times went large today with news about Marco Rubio’s supposedly dangerous driving record. The only problem was that it was a complete dud of a story that made its reporters look like chumps. Here are the four major problems with the piece.
Not much of a hit

The story did not originate with the New York Times, although they quite evidently published with glee what was handed to them.

And who was it, you might ask, who provided the "dirty linen"?

None other than David Brock, of Media Matters and more recently, American Bridge 21st Century.

As they say, I've got my sources. And they all point to him. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 12:10:59 am »
The story did not originate with the New York Times, although they quite evidently published with glee what was handed to them.

None other than David Brock, of Media Matters and more recently, American Bridge 21st Century.

Limbaugh also pointed at Brock today.

Offline Carling

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 12:23:00 am »

The editor of the NYT is insisting that his reporters happened upon this information on their own.  Why do they even try to pretend to be objective anymore?   :silly:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline raml

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 04:25:06 am »
What has getting a couple of tickets over 20 years have to do with being president. I don't want Rubio as the republican candidate but I also think having this as a reason he shouldn't be is about as asinine as it gets. I bet if we went back in the sane days when the election race wasn't so cut throat that had all the candidates driving records been checked I bet they all had tickets but it never came up because it was an illogical fight for the parties.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 12:32:11 pm »
That does it! I'm never getting in a car driven by Marco or his leadfoot wife!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 01:09:43 pm »
That does it! I'm never getting in a car driven by Marco or his leadfoot wife!

Funny thing about this.....today, they have 'speed cameras', where you get a fine in the mail...no points on your license, and no records kept.  If you don't pay the fines, ultimately you don't get a license renewal until you do.

If his wife is constantly getting pulled over for speeding, then she's not paying attention...and has other issues.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald