Author Topic: Alleged Hastert abuse victim identified  (Read 850 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alleged Hastert abuse victim identified
« on: June 05, 2015, 12:21:08 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/244110-alleged-hastert-abuse-victim-identified

June 05, 2015, 07:48 am
Alleged Hastert abuse victim identified

By Jesse Byrnes

An alleged victim of sexual abuse from former Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) has been identified in a interview released early Friday morning.

Before he died, Steve Reinboldt purportedly told his sister, Jolene, that he was abused by Hastert throughout his four years of high school, she said in an interview with ABC News.

“I asked him, when was your first same sex experience. He looked at me and said, ‘It was with Dennis Hastert,’” Jolene Reinboldt told ABC News. “I was stunned."

Her brother was a student manager on the Yorkville High School wrestling team while Hastert was a coach, and the pair reportedly also traveled together as part of an Explorers troop.

Jolene Reinboldt said she learned of the abuse in 1979, eight years after her brother graduated from high school. He died of AIDS in 1995, and Hastert attended his funeral, according to ABC News.

"[A]fter he had gone through the line I followed him out into the parking lot of the funeral home,” Reinboldt said. “I said, ‘I want to know why you did what you did to my brother.’ And he just stood there and stared at me. He didn’t say, ‘What are you talking about?’ you know, [or], ‘What? I don’t know what you’re talking about.’ He just stood there and stared at me."

ABC News reported that the woman approached it with the allegations years ago, when she wrote to a pair of news outlets and some advocacy groups in 2006.

Current Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), who served with Hastert for 16 years in the House and was briefly on his leadership team, said this week he had "no inkling whatsoever" about the allegations of sexual abuse.

"I was shocked and dismayed by the reports that I read," Boehner told reporters on Thursday.

But he said he wasn't prepared to pull down Hastert's portrait, which is prominently displayed in the Speaker's lobby just off the House floor. A sexual abuse survivors group has called on Boehner to take it down.

"I think it's important for us to have the facts before we make decisions," Boehner said.

Hastert, 73, will be arraigned next week in federal court in Chicago on charges he withdrew $3.5 million in cash to conceal past misconduct, and he has been accused of lying to the FBI about the withdrawals.

Law enforcement sources have been quoted in media reports since his indictment saying that the past misconduct involved a former student and was sexual in nature.

Money payments to "Individual A" started in 2010, after Hastert left Congress to be a lobbyist.

Reinboldt, who said she was approached by the FBI two weeks ago, said she did not know the "Individual A" mentioned in the indictment.

But she said she believes that person is familiar with her brother's experience.

— Scott Wong contributed.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Alleged Hastert abuse victim identified
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 02:39:32 pm »
Oh, goodie!  Duggar, Caitlyn AND Hastert just in time for the first Republican primary debate.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 03:00:32 pm »
Oh, goodie!  Duggar, Caitlyn AND Hastert just in time for the first Republican primary debate.

Pubbies need to learn to say what they want to say and not necessarily to respond to the questions the Demonrats propose.

Then nail-em when they complain about it...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 04:18:49 pm »

Jenner I don't care about, but the Duggars are evil enablers of a pervert, and Hastert should just shoot himself and head straight to hell. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 05:22:34 pm »
the Duggars are evil enablers of a pervert
A 14-year-old boy curious about girls is a pervert?  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 05:51:06 pm »
Five year old girls, yes.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 06:17:16 pm »

They hid it and enabled it.  Now they are parading the girls around and blaming the media for victimizing them.

That's evil.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 06:28:57 pm »

Mr. Candidate, with the country's concern about foreign wars, the national debt, and record numbers of unemployed, we have to ask, if Jim Bob Duggar, Caitlyn Jenner, and Denny Hastart walked into a bar, who would you condemn first?