Author Topic: Netanyahu: They Boycott Israel, But Refuse to Boycott ISIS  (Read 426 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Netanyahu: They Boycott Israel, But Refuse to Boycott ISIS
« on: June 03, 2015, 05:55:27 pm »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/196226#.VW8kZldmIiN

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Wednesday morning met with the visiting Canadian Foreign Minister Robert Nicholson, and in the meeting discussed the UK student union decision on Tuesday to join the BDS movement to boycott Israel. Netanyahu began by praising the close ties between Israel and Canada, saying, "Israel values the support, unstinting, unfaltering, of Canada, in an international environment that is often marked by cynicism and double talk. Canada, led by Prime Minister (Stephen) Harper, is always stalwart and tells the truth. And we think that this is a refreshing wind in an increasingly hostile environment, hostile to the truth." Turning to the UK union's BDS move, Netanyahu noted that the vote came "less than a year after they refused to support a boycott of ISIS," indicating the brutal Islamic State terrorist regime that has captured vast swathes of Iraq and Syria. "They boycott Israel but they refuse to boycott ISIS. That tells you everything you want to know about the BDS movement. They condemn Israel and do not condemn ISIS; they condemn themselves," he stated.

Illustrating the hypocrisy of boycotting Israel and not ISIS, he continued, "Israel has an exemplary democracy. We have academic freedom, press freedom, human rights. ISIS tramples human rights to the dust. It burns people alive in cages and the national student groups in Britain refuse to boycott ISIS and have boycotted Israel." Netanyahu also remarked on UN status being granted to a Hamas front group, saying, "Hamas fires rockets on our cities while hiding behind Palestinian civilians, hiding behind Palestinian children. It tells you about international hypocrisy a lot." "I stress these points, Rob, because Canada stands out so clearly and so powerfully against these distortions of truth and distortions of justice, and I want to express the feeling of the people of Israel that we believe we have no better friend than Canada. We value that partnership. It was exemplified last week, two weeks ago, in the vote of Canada, alongside the United States and Great Britain, in rolling back the attempt to single out Israel in the NPT votes. That is deeply appreciated here," added Netanyahu.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Netanyahu: They Boycott Israel, But Refuse to Boycott ISIS
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 02:30:20 am »
It's a mystery to me why anyone would want to punish Israel for defending itself.  To say that Israel is  worse than ISIS...blows my mind. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!