Author Topic: Obama's Approval Tanking, Most Think US 'Going Badly': CNN Poll  (Read 1323 times)

rangerrebew

Obama's Approval Tanking, Most Think US 'Going Badly': CNN Poll

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 06:23 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

The president's job disapproval numbers have climbed to back over 50 percent, while most Americans believe things in the United States are going "pretty or very badly," a new CNN/ORC International poll released Wednesday reveals.

President Barack Obama's disapproval rating is now at 52 percent, with only 45 percent approving, reports the poll. That's a drop from April, when his ratings were nearly evenly split at 48 percent approving and 47 percent disapproving.

The disapproval ratings are coming from across party lines, both sexes, and from all races, the poll reported.

The new poll contrasts with a Gallup poll earlier in May, which showed the president's favorability ratings have increased by four points since March, reaching the highest score since September 2013.

In the CNN poll, the nation's opinion of how poorly things are going also crossed partisan and race lines, so that no one group determined the overall change in opinion, which showed 52 percent thought matters are going badly in the United States, while 47 percent said they are going well.

In March, in contrast, Americans were more optimistic, with 53 percent saying things were going well.

The poll also found:

•22 percent said the economy is the top issue facing the nation; 17 percent chose education; 13 percent, healthcare; 10 percent, the federal budget deficit; 8 percent, illegal immigration; 7 percent, the situation in Iraq and Syria; and 6 percent, energy and environmental policies.
•Democrats and Republicans ranked their priorities differently.
•For Democrats, 19 percent said the economy is most important; 18 percent stressed both healthcare and education; about 12 percent, terrorism; and 11 percent, energy and environmental policies.
•For Republicans, 20 percent named the economy as a top issue; 17 percent, terrorism; 12 percent each the federal budget deficit and the situation in Iraq and Syria; 10 percent picked both healthcare and illegal immigration; and 8 percent, education.
•Age mattered on priorities. Sixteen percent of those under the age of 35 picked the economy as the most pressing issue, with 33 percent citing education. People aged 65 or older said terrorism and the economy are the top threats.
•People are more optimistic on the economy, with half saying the economy is recovering, up from 43 percent last year.
•Obama's approval rating dropped over his handling of the Islamic State (ISIS), but rose on race relations, with 50 percent saying they approve on his work on that issue.
The poll also showed that all living former presidents have a higher favorability rating than Obama. Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush each scored a 64 percent rating; Jimmy Carter, 56 percent; and George W. Bush, 52 percent.

Americans, though, are split at 49 percent each as to whether they view Obama more favorably than the former presidents.

Finally, the poll respondents said they favor Democrats over Republicans, with 47 percent having a positive view of Democrats and 41 percent of the GOP.

The poll carried a margin of error of plus or minus three points.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-approval-dropping-cnn/2015/06/03/id/648362/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:33:01 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Obama's Approval Tanking, Most Think US 'Going Badly': CNN Poll
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 11:53:57 pm »
while most Americans believe things in the United States are going "pretty or very badly," a new CNN/ORC International poll released Wednesday reveals.

Well, I'm going to wait and hear what Caitlan Jenner has to say about all this before I make up my mind.   :smokin:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 11:57:14 pm »
Well, I'm going to wait and hear what Caitlan Jenner has to say about all this before I make up my mind.   :smokin:

hehe...........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 08:14:19 am »
The poll also showed that all living former presidents have a higher favorability rating than Obama. Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush each scored a 64 percent rating; Jimmy Carter, 56 percent; and George W. Bush, 52 percent.

Dubya is at 52%? 

Nice.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 09:28:50 am »
13 percent, healthcare [Percentage finding healthcare the top issue]

Only 13%?

I'm in the trenches. Obama and the Democrats have destroyed healthcare in America. It's gone, folks, gone.

Doctors are getting out of medicine faster than they can hang up their stethoscopes. We hate what the practice of medicine has become today.