Author Topic: AMEX President Dies Suddenly on Plane  (Read 359 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
AMEX President Dies Suddenly on Plane
« on: June 02, 2015, 01:17:50 pm »
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/05/28/410226282/george-pataki-announces-2016-presidential-bid

The president of American Express, Edward Gilligan, suddenly collapsed and passed away on a flight from Tokyo to New York. Gilligan, 55 years old, was travelling on a corporate plane when he fell ill, according to reports. American Express Chairman and CEO, Kenneth I. Chenault made an announcement to AMEX employees, in the form of…

Gilligan, 55 years old, was travelling on a corporate plane when he fell ill, according to reports.

American Express Chairman and CEO, Kenneth I. Chenault made an announcement to AMEX employees, in the form of a letter:

“With the heaviest of heart, I must share some devastating news.  Ed Gilligan – President of our company, friend and inspiration to many inside and outside American Express – became utterly ill on a flight home to New York this morning and has passed away.

“This is deeply painful and truthfully unimaginable for all of us who had the great opportunity to work with Ed, and benefit from his insights, leadership and enthusiasm. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, Lisa, and their four children – Katie, Meaghan, Kevin and Shane. He was a proud husband and father, and his love for his family was evident in all that he did.

----------------

Another dead financial exec.
The Republic is lost.