Author Topic: Why I’m Already Grumpy about 2016  (Read 1306 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why I’m Already Grumpy about 2016
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:35:37 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/419127/dont-limit-debates-dont-forget-santorum-and-jindal-and-do-forget-rand-paul-quin

by Quin Hillyer June 1, 2015 4:00 AM

With this cycle’s plethora, at long last, of potentially strong Republican candidates for president, those of us on the right should be hopeful — right?

Sorry, but I’m in grump mode. On multiple fronts, I don’t like what I see. Granted, some of the frustrating developments are mere satellite issues, not central to the campaign’s ultimate result. Still, they rankle.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/419127/dont-limit-debates-dont-forget-santorum-and-jindal-and-do-forget-rand-paul-quin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Why I’m Already Grumpy about 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 02:22:52 am »
I'm grumpy and pessimistic about 2016, too.

I don't care how abysmal a mess the obammunists have made of governance -- none of that's going to matter, because 2016 will be based upon an entirely new meme.

"The first black president!"
Well, that's all over, like a tv series cancelled for bad ratings.
No one cares about that any more. Most folks get a bad taste in their mouths even thinking about it.
Nope.

Time for something fresh and new.

"The first woman president!"
HEY, that's the ticket!

No matter which Republican candidate is chosen, he's going to face an uphill and difficult climb to beat that bush down. Once again, the Pubbies will be playin' against fate itself.

Will the candidate try to "run on the Republican record"?
Heh.
Would YOU want to run on the record of the current Republicans?

Will the Republican candidate attack the record of the Clintons?
Sounds like a great idea, eh?
Well, the Clinton camp will reply, "take a good look at when Bill Clinton was president. The economy boomed, employment was better than anytime since, and we even passed welfare reform. Our last period in the White House represented the best times that Americans have had in the past quarter century. Elect us (oops, "elect me"), and happy days will be here again!" They'll even use the old campaign song with that title.

Am I grumpy?
You bet!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 03:43:57 am »
In 1968 Nixon made an issue out of Law & Order. And won.

In 1972 Nixon made an issue that McGovern was a left wing extremist, and despite an unpopular was, he won.

Nixon, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II were better qualified than almost all the present hopefuls. (One term Senators, etc.)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 11:06:11 am »
Are we all suffering from Attention Deficit Disorder?

If a Democrat wins the White House in 2016, then we're all full of sh*t and know absolutely nothing.

It can't and won't happen.   Look at the State legislatures and governorships.  Look at 2010 and 2014.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 11:47:54 am »
In 1968 Nixon made an issue out of Law & Order. And won.

In 1972 Nixon made an issue that McGovern was a left wing extremist, and despite an unpopular was, he won.

Nixon, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II were better qualified than almost all the present hopefuls. (One term Senators, etc.)

Sadly that is God's own truth.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:59:00 pm »

If a Democrat wins the White House in 2016, then we're all full of sh*t and know absolutely nothing.

It can't and won't happen.   Look at the State legislatures and governorships.  Look at 2010 and 2014.

I like how you think. 

(Just praying Jeb is not our candidate.  Really, I'm praying  :0001: )

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 02:24:38 am »

Look at 2012. Presidential elections have a way of drawing out the idiots to vote.

As others have noted, a Republican has only won the popular vote in an election once in the past six elections, with that one having the benefit of an Electoral College-bestowed incumbency, and the trend is pointing toward a demographic getting slowly more and more Democratic every year. On some issues (ahem, LGBT), the leftward lurch has been sudden, swift and crushing. This country is slipping away, and very rapidly. It will soon get to a point where our leaders will have to give up on crucial positions in order to have any chance of being considered legitimate candidates.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 02:47:56 am »
Look at 2012. Presidential elections have a way of drawing out the idiots to vote.

Why call them idiots? Why not call the so called conservatives idiots, when they continually claim they won't vote, for so and so?

Twice many of them voted for Ross Perot, for what political philosophy escapes me.

More recently they refused to vote for McCain, and Romney, and oh yeah for Bush II in 2000 (when he too lost the popular vote).

The "idiots" on the other side are their problem, but it is the idiots supposedly on our side we should be concerned about.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln