Author Topic: HERE THEY ARE: The 46 Republicans That Voted to Repeal the First Amendment (TX)  (Read 572 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In a nutshell, they are joining the Dems in trying to prevent citizens from recording and reporting on them. There have been attempts by the federal government to enact restrictions like this that SCOTUS said was unconstitutional. Now, some States are pushing their luck. Sadly, Texas is one of them.

AUSTIN – The Texas Legislature Wednesday pushed through controversial legislation which repeals portions of the First Amendment, effectively ending citizen journalism in the Capitol. The new law is an attempt for legislators to shield themselves from scrutiny even in public areas of the Capitol building.

In a stunning show of bipartisanship, the Texas House rushed through SB 19 which includes provisions which some say severely curtail the first amendment rights of the press. Civil penalties for video reporting could now include $10,000 fines per occurrence.

Here are the Texas State House Republicans that voted to repeal the First Amendment in Texas. Let them know what you think of the Constitution......

http://clashdaily.com/2015/05/here-they-are-the-republicans-that-voted-to-repeal-the-first-amendment-gopfascism/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
In a nutshell, they are joining the Dems in trying to prevent citizens from recording and reporting on them. There have been attempts by the federal government to enact restrictions like this that SCOTUS said was unconstitutional. Now, some States are pushing their luck. Sadly, Texas is one of them.

Liberalism is a disease the infects BOTH parties in Austin. Especially with the current house leadership!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien