Author Topic: ISIS Social-Media Chatter Prompts Bulletin About Possible US Targets  (Read 891 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=646882

Newsmax
ISIS Social-Media Chatter Prompts Bulletin About Possible US Targets
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 10:28 PM

By: Cathy Burke

Social media-savvy Islamic State (ISIS) supporters and propagandists are overwhelming U.S. investigators trying to keep up with the jihadist plots and threats that, according to an ominous bulletin, suggest "military bases, locations, and events could be targeted in the near-term," Fox News reports.

The six-page bulletin obtained by Fox News warns that law enforcement and military personnel should be wary at upcoming national holidays and military events due to the "heightened threat of attacks by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant."

ISIL is another name used to describe the ISIS militants.

The bulletin was sent from the FBI, Department of Homeland Security, and National Counterterrorism Center one day before the Memorial Day holiday weekend, Fox News reports.

And though the bulletin noted there had been no "credible" information on attacks coordinated to occur on federal holidays, it warned: "We are aware of recent information suggesting U.S. military bases, locations, and events could be targeted in the near-term," Fox News reports.

According to Fox, the bulletin spelled out "the heightened chatter" and urged that precautions be taken.

Fox News also reports a list of "observable behaviors" and also points to "insider threats," and warns against people asking "unusual questions" about building maintenance or security procedures.

But most chillingly, the bulletin talks about the crush of social media posts by pro-ISIS users and its challenge to analysts and investigators.

"The large number of social media postings by U.S.-based ISIL supporters is challenging for investigators in differentiating those supporters focused only on promoting pro-ISIL rhetoric, which may be protected speech, [versus] detecting those prepared to engage in violence on the group's behalf," the bulletin said, Fox News reports.

The bulletin additionally cautions that the "reach and popularity" of social media platforms has made it easier for U.S.-based extremists to "identify and connect" with foreign terrorist organizations, which can "potentially direct" them, Fox News reports.

According to the bulletin, the FBI estimates there are "hundreds, possibly thousands" of people in the United States getting "recruitment overtures or directives to attack the United States," and ISIS is using social media in "unprecedented ways" to encourage attacks in the United States, Fox News reports.

"Given the recent uptick in social media usage by violent extremists, we continue to advise current and former U.S. government employees and military personnel to actively review their online social media accounts for any information that could attract the attention of violent extremists and routinely exercise operational security in their interactions online," the bulletin warns.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
They're winning.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

Just like those threats to the Air France plane the other day - all they have to do is talk about attacks, even if they really have no such plans, then everyone is thrown into a panic and the Dems can claim this all warrants Patriot Act reauthorization.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
then everyone is thrown into a panic and the Dems can claim this all warrants Patriot Act reauthorization.

The Patriot Act has bipartisan support.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline sinkspur

I look for Rand Paul to denounce that we're tracking ISIS via social media.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

I thought the war on terror was over??? I thought that we won??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline mountaineer

I thought the war on terror was over??? I thought that we won??
Indeed. We have the JV on the run.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

They're winning.

It's because of the "government" mentality.  An example would be the Kennedy/Johnson Civil Rights anti-Klan response.  They thought they could stop them.  They only drove them underground and made them stronger.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline olde north church

Just like those threats to the Air France plane the other day - all they have to do is talk about attacks, even if they really have no such plans, then everyone is thrown into a panic and the Dems can claim this all warrants Patriot Act reauthorization.

The Democrat "mind" is more suited to macramé or ceramics.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline NavyCanDo

Our rear ends are being kicked by the JV Team. What does that make us?   Heard on the radio this morning that the rules of engagement is preventing our pilots from doing anything to stop ISIS. Pilots are reporting that they will spot ISIS troops, and then have to wait for authorization to engage, which takes about an hour. By that time the threat is gone or the bad guys have mixed in with friendlies.    It's ludicrous.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn