Author Topic: B.B. King was poisoned, two of his daughters claim  (Read 588 times)

Offline flowers

B.B. King was poisoned, two of his daughters claim
« on: May 26, 2015, 04:51:29 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/26/entertainment/bb-king-death-allegation/index.html

CNN)Two of B.B. King's daughters are alleging that the blues legend was poisoned to death by his closest associates. But the coroner says preliminary autopsy results don't support that contention.

King's daughters, Patty King and Karen Williams, made the accusations in separate, but identically worded, affidavits filed over the weekend.

"I believe my father was poisoned and that he was administered foreign substances to induce his premature death," they said in their affidavits. "I believe my father was murdered."

King died May 14 in home hospice care in Las Vegas at age 89.

No investigation was conducted at the time of his death. And King's attending physician listed the cause as multi-infarct dementia, which is caused by a series of small strokes.

But the daughter's say that two of King's associates gave him medication to induce diabetic shock.

John Fudenberg, the coroner for Clark County, Nevada, told CNN that initial autopsy results found "no evidence to substantiate the allegations." But full forensic results will take six to eight weeks.

Horrible....for this to happen to such a great talent.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: B.B. King was poisoned, two of his daughters claim
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 05:28:37 pm »
I hardly think dying at age 89 is a "premature death".

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 05:37:43 pm »
Good grief.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 05:59:29 pm »
I suggest his daughters are worried about their share of inheritance, and somebody convinced them to make this claim.

Probably lawyers, many of whom would gladly take advantage of fairly unsophisticated people.

B.B. King himself probably gained a good degree of common sense through his long life, but I doubt that some of his many offspring would do so.

Common sense means 89 is the end, period. I read or heard that in recent years, his live performances basically consisted of him "opening" for others, by playing a few bars at the start, and then sitting down and listening only, for the remainder of their performances. I.E. he could no longer perform the full sets he used to do.

He is lucky to have lived such a long and productive life. RIP. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 07:42:00 pm »
There was some kind of commotion while he was in hospice.  I forget exactly what. No doubt this is grief and or a money issue.