Author Topic: Texas Mom Screams Racism Over “Duck Dynasty” T-Shirts  (Read 652 times)

rangerrebew

Texas Mom Screams Racism Over “Duck Dynasty” T-Shirts
« on: May 24, 2015, 12:02:22 pm »
Texas Mom Screams Racism Over “Duck Dynasty” T-Shirts

V. Saxena 
May 23, 2015

A Texas mother screamed racism “after two of her [five] children came home from school this week with t-shirts for field day featuring a member of the show ‘Duck Dynasty’ wearing a Dr. Seuss hat,” reported Guns.com.

“I think folks should know by now [that] ‘Duck Dynasty’, at least one member of the group ‘Duck Dynasty,’ has openly made racist comments, made LGBT comments that are very negative, and I don’t feel this is a good representation of our community,” the incensed mother, Sue Crabtree, bitched to reporters.

When she spoke of alleged racist comments, she meant the following statement that “Duck Dynasty” patriarch Phil Robertson once made:

I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field. They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word! Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.

Absolutely nothing about that mere observation seems racist to me.

As for his alleged negative LGBT comments, Robertson once simply paraphrased a verse from Corinthians by saying, “Neither the sexually immoral, nor the idolators, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves, nor greedy, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”

The irony is that the mother then had the audacity to say that she believes “people should embrace all the cultures in the community.”

Yeah, every culture but the culture of Christian conservatives, right?

Here’s the kicker: While she plans to allow her kids to attend field day, “she’s sending them to school with a T-shirt featuring The Lorax, which she believes is a more positive character.”

Sounds like mommy is a Commi …

http://downtrend.com/vsaxena/texas-mom-screams-racism
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:03:23 pm by rangerrebew »