Author Topic: Now it's Biden vs. Bible on homosexuality  (Read 702 times)

rangerrebew

Now it's Biden vs. Bible on homosexuality
« on: May 20, 2015, 09:10:29 pm »

Now it's Biden vs. Bible on homosexuality

Outrage after VP equates biblical teaching to 'violence with impunity'

Published: 4 hours ago

Vice President Joe Biden, known for his support of same-sex marriage, has released a statement blasting “religious condemnation” of homosexuality.

His statement has prompted a flood of criticism, including the assertion that the homosexual-rights movement wants “complete and total domination, which is exactly what Obama and his minions are giving them.”

Biden’s statement was issued May 17 on the “International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia.”

He equated “religious condemnation” of homosexuality with “violence with impunity, mistreatment by police, the denial of healthcare … and social isolation.”

In promoting “equality” for homosexuals, he said progress in America “remains incomplete, but the momentum has shifted in the right direction.”

“Progress has also been made in many places around the world. But in too many places, life for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals is actually getting worse,” he said. “In too many places, LGBT community members face violence with impunity, mistreatment by police, the denial of healthcare, or religious condemnation and social isolation.”

He didn’t elaborate on “religious condemnation,” but the Bible has specific references to homosexuality as an abomination.

Romans 1 states: “For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.”

Blogger Geoffrey Grider wrote at Now the End Begins: “According to Joe Biden, the American Bible believing Christian who takes the Bible literally is violating the ‘rights’ of the LGBT by trusting in God’s word. And this is why old-fashioned preaching will soon be classified as a ‘hate crime.’ Because liberals can’t stand it. Biden is also saying that the rights of the Christian are inferior to the rights of the LGBT individual.”

In the trenches of the social and moral values war, Christians already are being punished and fined for their adherence to the biblical standard, as WND’s Big List of Christian Coercion shows.

The list hightlights dozens of cases in which bakers, florists and photographers have been fined, censured, threatened and intimidated by various branches of government for their refusal to endorse and support homosexuality.

Condemning religious beliefs that oppose homosexual behavior appears to be a common theme in the Obama administration.

CNS reported Hillary Clinton declared, “Deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed.”

The issue is coming to a head this summer with the expected ruling from the U.S. Supreme Court on whether same-sex marriage is a constitutional right. It already has been imposed in nearly three dozen states where it had been rejected by voters.

Read all about “America’s War on Christianity,” by Brad O’Leary, who reports on issues from attacks on Christian holidays to homeschooling and courtroom assaults on faith and free speech.

Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, author of the New York Times bestseller “The Harbinger” and the inspiration behind the “Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” movie, has warned the justices of the ramifications of passing judgment on God’s plan for marriage.

He said in an appearance at the “Washington: A Man of Prayer” event in Washington: “The justices of the Supreme Court took up their seats [in a hearing] on whether they should strike down the biblical and historic definition of marriage. That the event should even take place is a sign this is America of [George] Washington’s warning … a nation at war against its own foundation.”

Washington warned the smiles of heaven can never be expected on a nation “that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which heaven itself hath ordained.”

Cahn noted the Supreme Court opens sessions with the words, “God save the United States and this honorable court.”

“If this court should overrule the word of God and strike down the eternal rules of order and right that heaven itself ordained, how then will God save it?” he asked. “Justices, can you judge the ways of God? There is another court and there another judge, where all men and all judges will give account.

“If a nation’s high court should pass judgment on the Almighty, should you then be surprised God will pass judgment on the court and that nation? We are doing that which Israel did on the altars of Baal,” he said.

See Jonathan’s Cahn’s message at Washington: Man of Prayer event at the Capitol last night.

Grider wrote of Biden’s latest statement: “Instead of ‘respecting universal human rights,’ the Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination that needs to be repented of. Jesus Christ went to the cross to redeem the homosexual, that’s true. But he did not go to the cross to preserve homosexuality. He came to abolish that, and all sin.”

Among the Obama administration’s many attack on Christianity was the president’s remarks at a  prayer breakfast.

In the context of the debate over same-sex marriage, Obama said Christians are supposed to love their neighbors, but he sometimes hears “less-than-loving expressions.”

Hear Obama’s criticism of Christians:

Rev. Franklin Graham is among the religious leaders who have criticized Obama for leading an administration that displays an “anti-Christian bias,” as WND reported.

Graham scolded Obama for remarks he made in a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, when he linked Christians to violence by claiming that atrocities such as the Inquisition and the Crusades were done “in the name of Christ.”

Obama said: “Unless we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. And in our home country, slavery, and Jim Crow, all too often was justified in the name of Christ.”

Graham, CEO of Samaritan’s Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, reminded Obama that Jesus Christ came to Earth to die for the guilty, while Islam’s Muhammad killed the “innocent.”

“Today at the National Prayer Breakfast, the president implied that what ISIS is doing is equivalent to what happened over 1,000 years ago during the Crusades and the Inquisition,” he wrote on his Facebook page. “Mr. President – Many people in history have used the name of Jesus Christ to accomplish evil things for their own desires. But Jesus taught peace, love and forgiveness. He came to give His life for the sins of mankind, not to take life.”

WND also reported when Solicitor General Donald Verrilli acknowledged that if the U.S. Supreme Court affirms same-sex marriage, it will be a “problem” for Christian schools.

Verrilli was in an exchange with Justice Samuel Alito during arguments over marriage. Alito noted the Bob Jones University case, which involved not sexual orientation but racial issues.

“The court held that a college was not entitled to tax exempt status if it opposed interracial marriage or interracial dating. So would the same apply to a university or a college if it opposed same-sex marriage?” Alito asked.

Verrilli confirmed it would be an “issue.”

“You know, I … I don’t think I can answer that question without knowing more specifics, but it’s certainly going to be an issue. I … I don’t deny that. I don’t deny that, Justice Alito. It is … it is going to be an issue,” he said.

Graham has said “anti-Christian” bias has permeated the U.S. government, starting with Obama.

“There is an anti-Christian bias that is now in our government, has permeated our government, that’s also permeated Washington but [also] at the state and local level. It’s the progressives, whatever you want to call them, that are trying – and the president is into this and the attorney general is into this 100 percent – and that is forcing on the American people a new morality.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/05/now-its-biden-vs-bible-on-homosexuality/#ZTPcBRvm9ftrq6d3.99

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Now it's Biden vs. Bible on homosexuality
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 10:25:18 pm »
The Bible's stance on homosexuality (and other related sexual sins):

You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman. That is detestable. (…) For in all these the nations which I am casting out before you were defiled. The land was defiled: therefore I punished its iniquity, and the land vomited out her inhabitants. You therefore shall keep my statutes and my ordinances, and shall not do any of these abominations; neither the native-born, nor the stranger who lives as a foreigner among you. For all these abominations have the men of the land done, that were before you, and the land became defiled. (Keep these ordinances so) that the land not vomit you out also, when you defile it, as it vomited out the nation that was before you. For whoever shall do any of these abominations, even the souls that do them shall be cut off from among their people.  Therefore you shall keep my requirements, that you do not practice any of these abominable customs, which were practiced before you, and that you do not defile yourselves with them (Leviticus 18:22,25-30)

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles (…) You are puffed up, and didn't rather mourn, that he who had done this deed might be removed from among you. For I most certainly, as being absent in body but present in spirit, have already, as though I were present, judged him who has done this thing. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, you being gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, are to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a little yeast leavens the whole lump?  Purge out the old yeast, that you may be a new lump, even as you are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, has been sacrificed in our place.  Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old yeast, neither with the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. (1 Corinthians 5:1-10)

Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor extortioners, will inherit the Kingdom of God. Flee sexual immorality! "Every sin that a man does is outside the body," but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or don't you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have from God? (1 Corinthians 6:9b-10,18-19)

You have heard that it was said, "You shall not commit adultery." But I tell you that everyone who gazes to lust after (someone) has committed adultery with (them) already in his heart. (Jesus, in Matthew 5:27-28)

Therefore my judgment is that we don't trouble those from among the Gentiles who turn to God, but that we write to them that they abstain from the pollution of idols, from sexual immorality, from what is strangled, and from blood. (James, in Acts 15:19-20)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 10:37:45 pm »

One more...

"And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

1 Corinthians 6:11

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 11:32:34 pm »
Every time I check the Constitution, I can't find the sections on Bible, Christianity, Homosexuality, marriage, etc.

I DO find that we do NOT have a state imposed religion. This is consistent with the Founders and their influences.

So go ahead and quote the Bible until the cows come home. It has many good guides for living, if you know where to look, and how to apply it to YOUR OWN lives.

The Ten Commandments and related concepts some of the bases for civil laws.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 12:39:01 am »
I DO find that we do NOT have a state imposed religion. This is consistent with the Founders and their influences.

Liberalism/Progressivism is a State imposed religion, not much different than Islam. They have their own perverted version of Sharia Law which you are not 'allowed' to disagree with, question, or disobey.

Their preachers are as fanatic and unforgiving as any of the most harsh fundamentalist preacher.

They are with the Holy Church of Secularism. And if you disagree with them or question them in any way, or worship any other religion, you are an apostate and are therefore deserving of death, or anything else they can possibly do to you.

BTW, none of the Liberal fanaticism applies to Islam, for some inexplicable reason nobody seems to be able to explain.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.