Author Topic: Because Too Many Black Students Are Getting Suspended, Schools Dropping Punishment Altogether  (Read 970 times)

rangerrebew

Because Too Many Black Students Are Getting Suspended, Schools Dropping Punishment Altogether

Robert Gehl 
May 16, 2015

School students in Oakland, California, are now free to swear at their teachers, ignore them, text during class and storm out altogether without risk of being suspended.

Why? Because the district was punishing too many black students.

The Daily Caller is reporting that the school board unanimously voted to stop suspending students for “willful defiance” because there were “disproportionate suspensions” of black students.

One sophomore student, Dan’enicole Williams, told the San Francisco Gate, “They never take time out, if someone is sleeping in class, to ask what’s wrong. They may be acting that way because they didn’t eat the night before.”

“We’re getting pushed out of schools,” she added. “They don’t care about us.”

Other school districts in California have already decided to stop suspending students for willful defiance. And in Minneapolis, a racist twist: District Superintendent Bernadela Johnson announced that suspensions of all black, Native American and Hispanic students would require her personal approval. Asian and White students do not need to be approved.

This comes as the Obama Administration is actively supporting the discriminatory practice.

In a 2014 speech commemorating Brown v. Board of Education, Attorney General Holder claimed that “in too many of our school districts,” “segregation has reoccurred.” Holder argued that “zero-tolerance school discipline practices” and other punishments “affect black males at a rate three times higher than their white peers.”

Holder has also cited a 2011 study that he said showed “83 percent of African American male students and 74 percent of Hispanic male students ended up in trouble and suspended for some period of time.”

The former attorney general has flatly rejected arguments by critics that higher black suspension rates for minority students reflect higher rates of misbehavior among minority students.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/because-too-many-black-students-are-getting-suspended-schools-dropping-punishment-altogether
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:06:51 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
We are heading towards that point where blacks are not going to be able to be disciplined or called to account for any kind of behavior.

Not disruptive and dangerous kids in school.
Not criminals on the street.
Not even murderers.

To do so will be "racis'".

Twenty years from now, the only "crimes" will be those committed by whites and Asians, and perhaps a few "white Hispanics" too boot.

Watch for some kind of move before Obama leaves office to pardon as many black criminals as he can get away with. The excuse proffered will be that they were incarcerated by a racis' system of unjust laws that tilt towards the protection of privileged whites, and that the pardons will give them a "clean slate" in life...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Watch for some kind of move before Obama leaves office to pardon as many black criminals as he can get away with. The excuse proffered will be that they were incarcerated by a racis' system of unjust laws that tilt towards the protection of privileged whites, and that the pardons will give them a "clean slate" in life...

Not as bad as it sounds. Blacks assault, rob, kill, and rape, other Blacks at a 10 to 1 ratio than they do Whites. The average Black person is not concerned with facts. They are all about 'the struggle' at all costs. Even if it costs them their own lives. That is why they keep protesting to get these Black murderers out.

Obama can let these guys out of prison if he wants. They will immediately go back to the Black community they came from, and immediately start killing other Black people. Just like they did before.

If I was a cop, and there was a Black on Black crime, I wouldn't go anywhere near it. They don't want no Cops around, and I don't want to be there. We agree with each other.

Just let it go. Let them all kill each other. That seems to be what they want.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:26:24 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
One sophomore student, Dan’enicole Williams, told the San Francisco Gate, “They never take time out, if someone is sleeping in class, to ask what’s wrong. They may be acting that way because they didn’t eat the night before.”

“We’re getting pushed out of schools,” she added. “They don’t care about us.”

Offline Paladin

Superintendent Bernadela (sic) Johnson announced that suspensions of all black, Native American and Hispanic students would require her personal approval. Asian and White students do not need to be approved.

Bernadeia:

Why do Isuspect the inclusion of Native Americans and Hispanics is cover for some other Bernadeia agenda?

Update:

Apparently her name is correctly spelled Bernadeia, the policy of selective discipline enforcement is from November, 2014, and Ms Johnson has resigned, no doubt due to white racism.

Embattled Minneapolis public schools Superintendent Bernadeia Johnson abruptly resigned Tuesday, throwing into jeopardy several new high-profile initiatives in the state’s most-scrutinized school district.

“Now is the appropriate time for me to step aside, not because I doubt our direction or our dedication,” Johnson said in a statement. “I am acknowledging that the role of superintendent for this next phase of the work requires a level of intensity and focus to which I am unable to fully commit at this time.”

Johnson’s resignation comes midway through an already challenging school year. The district is facing one of the nation’s largest achievement gaps, dramatically disproportionate suspension rates for students of color and a growing number of parents pulling their students from city schools. Johnson’s departure comes less than a month after the school board gave her low marks for boosting student achievement and as she has faced mounting criticism from school advocates.

The board approved Johnson’s resignation late Tuesday and named the district’s chief executive, Michael Goar, as the interim superintendent. Johnson leaves Jan. 31 as the longest-serving superintendent in at least the past decade.

“Her leadership has brought clear vision for the path ahead and her team has established aggressive goals to move us toward that vision,” Board Chairman Richard Mammen said in a statement. “This is a job bigger than any one individual, and the role of the superintendent to drive collaboration among all the school district’s stakeholders is extraordinarily challenging. We are grateful for her service and we appreciate that she has built a strong leadership team to succeed her and manage the transition we now face.”

Johnson, 55, was not available for comment and did not attend the board meeting. School officials said they did not ask for her resignation.

http://www.startribune.com/bernadeia-johnson-out-as-minneapolis-schools-chief/286023601/

I just know everyone in MN is sure to miss this woman.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline evadR

Let's see, school is where we learn stuff...right?

What's the lesson here?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.