Author Topic: 'It felt good knowing he would die': Woman accused of drowning fiance confessed, say prosecutors  (Read 437 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/14/it-felt-good-knowing-would-die-woman-accused-drowning-fiance-confessed-say/?intcmp=latestnews

The New York woman accused of drowning her fiancé in the Hudson River confessed to police that she had tampered with his kayak and "felt good knowing he was going to die," prosecutors said Wednesday, even as a body was pulled from the river nearly a month after Vincent Viafore disappeared.

Angelika Graswald, who is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Vincent Viafore, appeared in court Wednesday for a bail hearing in Orange County, where details emerged of the Latvian woman's alleged confession. At the proceeding, Assistant District Attorney Julie Mohl said Graswald, 35, knew she was the beneficiary in two life insurance policies belonging to Viafore, 46. Graswald stood to gain $250,000 and “talked about what she could do with the money” after the death of Viafore, whose body has not been found, Mohl said.

Offline flowers

After the hearing, Graswald’s lawyer, Richard Portale, appeared caught off guard by the apparent confession and said he statements may have been coerced or the result of a language barrier between police and Graswald, whose first language is Russian.

This article doesn't state how long she was his gal pal.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:03:18 pm by flowers »

Offline flowers

DA: Accused kayak killer 'felt good' watching fiance drown

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/13/accused-kayak-killer-felt-good-watching-fiance-drown/27249743/

As for Graswald, Portale said she is "depressed, shes hurting...(but) she's confident that by the time this is over, the truth is going to come out."

Offline raml

I will never understand partners that just can't walk away. There is something very wrong with a person who uses death to get rid of an unwanted partner. She didn't even have to pay for a divorce all she had to do is leave the relationship. Her mind is a very warped mind and I wish they would give her the death penalty but I hear it is only second degree murder they are charging her with even though she is suppose to have done something to the kayak so to me that sounds like premeditated. Justice isn't served very often anymore most times it is very watered down. I walked away from my ex who physically and mentally tried to destroy me and I lost a lot of money doing it but it was worth every dime to be free of him and I never thought about killing him even though the sheriff once said get a gun shoot him we will never arrest you. I think he was tired of coming out to our home and rescuing me. The courts refused to throw my ex out of the home during my divorce even though he put me in the hospital this was back in the 80's today they probably would have although he was a rich and a powerful man so maybe not.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:25:01 pm by raml »