Author Topic: Karl Rove: Democrats' Destructive Ways Have Me 'Baffled'  (Read 869 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=644542

Newsmax
Karl Rove: Democrats' Destructive Ways Have Me 'Baffled'
Thursday, May 14, 2015 08:56 AM

By: Melanie Batley

The Clintons and President Barack Obama appear to be losing their political acumen when it comes to recent public statements, said Karl Rove.

In an opinion piece for The Wall Street Journal, the former deputy chief of staff to President George W. Bush says he is baffled by a series of instances which, he says, seem to prove they are out of touch with the electorate and how they may be perceived.

"The year isn't half over, and already more than a few things in the Democratic political world have left me puzzled — and in some cases downright mystified," Rove wrote.

First on his list were comments made by former President Bill Clinton when responding to questions about potential conflicts of interest due to donations by foreign governments and companies to the Clinton Foundation. He noted that Clinton agreed there were a different set of rules for the Clintons and everyone else.

"How has such a talented man become so tone-deaf?" Rove wrote. "He wasn’t self-aware enough to know that's precisely the problem, though in exactly the opposite way he intended."

He also said that Clinton's justification for accepting lucrative speaking engagements as a way to "pay our bills" showed he was out of touch with how the average American lives.

Meanwhile, Rove said that Hillary Clinton appears to have withdrawn herself from public scrutiny by refusing to answer more than eight questions since declaring herself a candidate for president.

"Does she really think campaigning in a cocoon now will make her a better candidate later? If so, she has a surprise coming," Rove wrote.

Obama, he said, has also erred by attacking Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren over her opposition to granting him trade-promotion authority.

"Mr. Obama poisoned his relations with congressional Republicans through personal attacks, and he now is doing the same thing with congressional Democrats. Why?"

Rove said he is also curious as to why no young Democratic governor, senators, mayors, or representatives are mounting a bid against Clinton to try to influence the future direction of the party.

"As a lifelong Republican, I can be counted on to disagree with Democrats most of the time but not usually to be baffled by them. This year, I am.

"It's one thing for Democrats to be wrong; it's another for their political heavyweights to be so wrongheaded. Maybe this is a sign of deeper problems to come for the world's oldest political party."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Karl Rove: Democrats' Destructive Ways Have Me 'Baffled'
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 06:21:56 pm »
Because, Karl....in addition to being credited for being a "magnificent bastard", you're also apparently, hopelessly naive.

You've been using the word "incompetence", in describing the Obama Administration for the past FIVE FREAKING YEARS!!!

Suggest you go and purchase a Thesaurus.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 06:31:59 pm »
There is nothing baffling about it.  Jarrett got rid of anyone who would question President Genius.  He's now completely untethered, needs no more votes, and simply wants to create divisiveness and chaos.

Hillary in public is an awkward, bumbling goof even without scandals surrounding her to answer for, so her best shot is to try and hide as much as possible until 11/16.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 06:38:17 pm »
"Does she really think campaigning in a cocoon now will make her a better candidate later? If so, she has a surprise coming," Rove wrote.

She may just surprise ol' Karl and pull it off.

She has lots of cover...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 06:38:49 pm »
There is nothing baffling about it.  Jarrett got rid of anyone who would question President Genius.  He's now completely untethered, needs no more votes, and simply wants to create divisiveness and chaos.

Hillary in public is an awkward, bumbling goof even without scandals surrounding her to answer for, so her best shot is to try and hide as much as possible until 11/16.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.