Author Topic: Ex-Director: CIA Benghazi Base Didn't Move Arms to Syrian Opposition  (Read 817 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=643960

Newsmax
Ex-Director: CIA Benghazi Base Didn't Move Arms to Syrian Opposition
Monday, May 11, 2015 08:25 PM

By: Greg Richter

Speculation that the Benghazi CIA base was being used to move weapons to Syrian rebels before the September 11, 2012 attack on it are untrue, says former CIA Director Michael Morell.

In an interview shown Monday on Fox News Channel's "Special Report," Morell backed up his assertions in his new book, "The Great War of Our Time: The CIA's Fight Against Terrorism from al-Qaida to ISIS."

When asked by host Bret Baier whether CIA officers were tracking the movement of weapons from Libya to Syria, Morell said, "I can't talk about that."

He insisted that the United States played no role whatsoever in moving weapons. "Whether we were watching other people doing it, I can't talk about it," he said.

Morell also admitted to misreading the Arab Spring, an event he had expected to help topple al-Qaida.

"That turned out to be wrong," Morell said. "This turned out to be a huge boom for al-Qaida."

Morell also was asked about President Barack Obama's claims in 2012 that al-Qaida was "on the run," when it was not.

Morell said his agency "saw that coming, " and advised the White House about it as it was happening.

When Baier asked what happened, Morell answered, "You're asking the wrong guy."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Glenn Beck will be disappointed.....   :whistle:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

CIA Benghazi Base Didn't Move Arms to Syrian Opposition

Of course they themselves didn't move anything anywhere! They never do!

But you can bet your A$$ that they knew  what was being moved, who was moving it, and exactly HOW it was being done!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:59:32 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Of course they themselves didn't move anything anywhere! They never do!

But you can bet your A$$ that they knew  what was being moved, who was moving it, and exactly HOW it was being done!

If they didn't, they aren't much of an intelligence agency!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.