Author Topic: Homeland Security chairman: 'Terrorism has gone viral'  (Read 1182 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Homeland Security chairman: 'Terrorism has gone viral'
« on: May 10, 2015, 03:20:19 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/241558-homeland-security-chairman-terrorism-has-gone-viral

May 10, 2015, 10:04 am
Homeland Security chairman: 'Terrorism has gone viral'

By Mark Hensch

House Homeland Security Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Texas) said on Sunday that the Internet has vastly increased the risk of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil.

“Terrorism has gone viral,” McCaul told host Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday.”

“I think there’s been an uptick in the stream of threats out there,” the chairman of the Texas Republican said.

“We’re seeing this directives on almost a daily basis,” he added of calls for extremist violence online. “It’s very concerning.”

McCaul was responding to last weekend’s shooting at a “Draw Muhammad” event in Garland, Texas.

On Sunday, he predicted that Americans should expect similar incidents in the future.

“I think the threat environment today is one of the highest that I’ve ever seen,” McCaul said, comparing the atmosphere to the period around the 9/11 attacks.

“It’s going to get worse, not better,” he said. “This is very difficult to stop.”

McCaul criticized President Obama’s foreign policies for making it easier for terrorist organizations like the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) to operate.

“This administration really hasn’t done enough,” he said.

“Part of that is because there’s so many failed states we have had to pull out of,” McCaul said.

“With that comes the breeding grounds of terrorism and the ability of terrorists to spread their jihad globally,” he added, citing civil unrest in Iraq and Yemen as examples.

McCaul said that law enforcement officials had done the best work they could in preventing danger to citizens.

Despite this, he argued that more threats would make their success rate more difficult to maintain.

“We’ve been very lucky but we’ve also done a very good job of stopping these threats from coming to the United States or preventing these threats here,” McCaul said.

A Texas police officer shot and killed two attackers on May 3 during the “Draw Muhammad” event.

The White House has since ruled the attempted terrorists were “lone wolf” operatives and not actual ISIS members.

ISIS has claimed responsibility for last weekend’s incident in Garland.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Homeland Security chairman: 'Terrorism has gone viral'
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 04:59:09 pm »
Yet so many think Snowden is a hero, for harming our ability to identify people that pose serious threats.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 08:20:52 pm »
The caliphate inspired ideology has spread beyond what is containable, and like a cancer  it  is only to get worse.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 08:40:13 pm »
Yet so many think Snowden is a hero, for harming our ability to identify people that pose serious threats.

They had already identified that one shooter some years ago - but nothing was done about it.  They knew he was heading to the cartoon event - but again - nothing was done about it. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 08:42:11 pm »
 :pondering:  Anyone know where I can find a prayer rug cheap?

Hey, as long as so many on the right and left have decided the best course of action is to rollover, I suggest stocking up before demand drives up prices. And don't forget to pick up a Burka or two for the missus. You want them looking their best.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:36:42 pm by aligncare »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 09:54:14 pm »

Hey, as long as so many on the right and left have decided the best course of action is to rollover, I suggest stocking up before demand drives up prices. And don't forget to pick up a Burka or two for the missus. You want them looking their best.

One good thing about the burka - don't have to worry about hair and make-up anymore - and hey - don't worry about putting on a few extra pounds - no one will ever know. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 10:17:59 pm »

There is a reason why I support space travel....
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 10:47:47 pm »
They had already identified that one shooter some years ago - but nothing was done about it.  They knew he was heading to the cartoon event - but again - nothing was done about it.
The good news is they identified him. Maybe with some aspect of the Patriot Act.

In any event, stripping our national security, law enforcement experts of resources, will hasten the need to use those prayer rugs and burkas.

Enjoy your civil rights, then.

The Dr. Ron Paul like Zen idea we can tie one hand behind our backs, by curtailing bulk electronic data collection, and still defeat international Islamic terrorism, is a dangerous risk, and one I don't think it is prudent to take.

I do NOT see our Constitution as a suicide pact, unlike apparently a surprising number on the libertarian side.

I shall be forced to resist dragging that notion into the otherwise sane definition of historical conservatism.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 02:25:28 am »
[[ House Homeland Security Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Texas) said on Sunday that the Internet has vastly increased the risk of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. ]]

The REAL message:
"We need to control the internet" ...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 12:30:20 pm »
[[ House Homeland Security Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Texas) said on Sunday that the Internet has vastly increased the risk of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. ]]

The REAL message:

I had that very thought, too.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 04:26:07 pm »

The REAL message:
BINGO!!!!  That is what all this is about. Gotta save us from terror attacks here, so cut of the net.