Author Topic: Actors cast to play Barack and Michelle in upcoming romantic dramedy  (Read 802 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/southside-with-you-obama-michelle-obama-117762.html

Actors cast to play Barack and Michelle in upcoming romantic dramedy

By Nick Gass

5/8/15 11:30 AM EDT

Actress Tika Sumpter was cast as a young lawyer named Michelle Robinson. | AP Photo

“Southside With You,” a movie documenting the first date of Barack and Michelle Obama in 1989, has cast its main characters.

Parker Sawyers will play a young Obama as he tries to woo a young lawyer named Michelle Robinson—played by Tika Sumpter—on a rendezvous to the Art Institute of Chicago, a screening of Spike Lee’s “Do the Right Thing” and a drink on the 96th floor of the John Hancock building.

“I was sold,” Michelle Obama said of the date in Peter Slevin’s recent biography “Michelle Obama: A Life.”

In “Dreams from My Father,” Obama described visiting the Robinson clan during their early courtship and being struck by the close-knit extended family, something he lacked as a child.

The film, described as a romantic dramedy, will also include the couple’s first kiss, which came outside of a Baskin-Robbins in Chicago’s Hyde Park.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film will begin production this summer in Chicago.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

:yawn2:

Where can I preorder tickets?

:laughingdog: :pigs fly:

Offline mountaineer

Asked for comment, the grinch said, "This is bogus, man! I've been working my whole life to play the role of Michelle Obama! These casting directors are racist."

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

OMG! Grinch is PERFECT for the role. Looks, personality, attitude, everything!