Author Topic: Conan: Ben Carson Wants to ‘Go Back to The Way Things Were 200 Years Ago’  (Read 722 times)

rangerrebew

Conan: Ben Carson Wants to ‘Go Back to The Way Things Were 200 Years Ago’

05.05.2015 | Alicia Powe | 2

Pediatric Neurosurgeon and Tea Party favorite Ben Carson officially threw his hat into the 2016 presidential race on Monday and the left has since had a field day smearing him for being African American and conservative.

Conan O’Brien used the occasion of Carson’s announcement to mock Carson’s conservative ideology on his late night TBS program.

“As a neurosurgeon, who’s also a member of the Tea Party, Carson’s specialty is removing that part of the brain that believes in climate change,” O’Brien joked.

O’Brien claimed Carson wants to return America to the Pre-Civil War era (you know, back to the days when Democrats fought abolition and the Civil War to keep blacks enslaved, just before Dems formed the KKK and then passed Jim Crow laws).

He is “an African-American and also a member of the Tea Party,” Conan said, “Yeah, making him the only African-American who wants to go back to the way things were 200 years ago.”

“Why can’t we get back to those days?” the host added.

Read more at http://dailysurge.com/2015/05/conan-ben-carson-wants-to-go-back-to-the-way-things-were-200-years-ago/

Offline mountaineer

Good thing Conan's child never needed Dr. Carson's expertise, then, I guess.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Carson doesn't impress me much. He's a soft spoken guy that merely repeats what others have said for years.

Having too many on the stage deducts from having enough time to listen to the viable candidates.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

This has exposed O'Brien as an Ivy League, racist, bigot, hypocrite.  How dare he speak of a black man that way?  Doesn't he understand liberals are so much more compassionate and tolerant? :whistle:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Conan: other comedians love him; the rest of America? Not so much.

How'd The Tonight Show gig work out, again?  :smokin:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Politics4us

What does believing in man-made climate change have to do with going back 200 years?

Offline musiclady

Good thing Conan's child never needed Dr. Carson's expertise, then, I guess.

Sounds to me like he could use a little brain surgery......   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Carson doesn't impress me much. He's a soft spoken guy that merely repeats what others have said for years.

Having too many on the stage deducts from having enough time to listen to the viable candidates.

I'm not so sure about that. It's just possible he might be able to get this country talking about some things it has needed to talk about for a long time now! Might even get some folks off the plantation!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien