Author Topic: General Election 2015: Ukip sacks candidate who threatened to shoot his Tory rival  (Read 378 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Ukip’s penultimate day of campaigning appeared to spontaneously combust after a series of embarrassing incidents, including the suspension of a parliamentary candidate who was recorded threatening to shoot his Conservative rival.

Robert Blay, standing in North East Hampshire, spoke to an undercover reporter about his Conservative rival Ranil Jayawardena. “If this lad turns up to be our prime minister I will personally put a bullet in him. That’s how strong I feel about it,” he said in comments filmed by The Mirror. “I won’t have this f***er as our prime minister. I absolutely loathe him.”

Mr Blay (left), a former Conservative Party member, also appeared to suggest Mr Jayawardena, whose parents are from Sri Lanka, had deliberately made his wife pregnant in order to win votes. “He’s 29 years old. He’s got his missus to drop a kid just before the election. He’s planned the birth of the child, there’s no doubt about that. He’s a slippery b******. I’ve worked with him in the Tories.”

Mr Jayawardena, who is Conservative deputy leader of Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, said he was “shocked” to hear the comments.

Read more: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/general-election-2015-ukip-sacks-candidate-who-threatened-to-shoot-his-tory-rival-10227552.html

Any wonder I find myself in the hated position of having, for the first time in my life, to vote Labour to stop our seat going to these idiots?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink