Author Topic: BB King was being abused by his manager before he was hospitalized with a minor heart attack, according to blues legend's daughter  (Read 1312 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3064624/BB-King-abused-manager-hospitalized-minor-heart-attack-according-blues-legend-s-daughter.html

BB King's daughter has accused his manager of abusing him.

Patty King said the blues legend's long time handler Laverne Toney refused to let her take him to hospital after he'd suffered a heart attack.

According to TMZ, there is an ongoing battle between Patty and Toney, who lives with the 89-year-old in Las Vegas.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
You have to be a pretty awful person to abuse BB. Everyone loved BB.

Offline musiclady

You have to be a pretty awful person to abuse BB. Everyone loved BB.

Boy, that's for sure.

Elder abuse is awful.  Just awful!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

I have seen B.B. in concert numerous times.  What a great guy, it seems.  I saw him in Milwaukee and his D string broke while in the middle of a riff.  He adjusted and never missed a beat.  Once he was able, he replaced it while barely looking at it.  All the while, he was telling a story.  He gave the broken string to a lady in the front row.  It was how seamless he handled it that was so impressive.  My wife and I still bring it up from time to time. Lucy is just an extension of him, a means to communicate.

A person who abuses another, especially the powerless, is a notch less than human.

My favorite - a collaboration with U2 and Bono...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT3rXNPGFOM
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline andy58-in-nh

I have seen B.B. in concert numerous times.  What a great guy, it seems.  I saw him in Milwaukee and his D string broke while in the middle of a riff.  He adjusted and never missed a beat.  Once he was able, he replaced it while barely looking at it.  All the while, he was telling a story.  He gave the broken string to a lady in the front row.  It was how seamless he handled it that was so impressive.  My wife and I still bring it up from time to time. Lucy is just an extension of him, a means to communicate.

A person who abuses another, especially the powerless, is a notch less than human.

My favorite - a collaboration with U2 and Bono...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT3rXNPGFOM
You're very lucky. I have only seen him in concert on one occasion. I love him, and I'm playing along with and praying for the man right now on this Friday evening.  May the thrill never be gone...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn