Author Topic: Richard Gere and estranged wife reportedly fighting over $100 million fortune  (Read 1169 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/05/01/richard-gere-and-estranged-wife-reportedly-fighting-over-100-million-fortune/?intcmp=features

fortune
Published May 01, 2015
New York Post
Facebook0 Twitter0   Email Print   
richard gere carey lowell 876.jpg

Actor Richard Gere of the film "Arbitrage" and his wife Carey Lowell at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California January 13, 2013. (Reuters)

Actor Richard Gere and his estranged “Bond girl” wife Carey Lowell are duking it out in divorce court over his estimated $100 million fortune after resolving their custody dispute over their 15-year-old son, according to the New York Post.

A source told The Post Gere and Lowell, who have been married for 12 years, agreed to settle the custody portion of their divorce while ago, but the source declined to comment on the details of the deal.

Unlike last time Gere came to Manhattan Supreme court over the split when he angrily poked an umbrella at press photographers, on Friday the devoted Buddhist was very zen.

The “Pretty Woman” star flirted with a reporter in the elevator joking, “You want me to give you a special, intimate interview?”

His attorneys, from the high-powered firm Aronson Mayefsky & Sloan, cut him off with a “no comment.”

Gere, 65, smiled and left in a black, chauffeur-driven Lincoln Navigator.

Offline flowers

Celebrity Net Worth says she is worth 6mil. I wonder how much Gere was worth 15 years ago?

Offline musiclady

So much for Gere's reputation as a 'can't we all get along?' peaceful sort of guy, eh?  :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

He was married to Cindy Crawford at some point wasn't he?  I never have liked him since he got on stage right after 9/11 and said can't we just all get along.

Offline musiclady

He was married to Cindy Crawford at some point wasn't he?  I never have liked him since he got on stage right after 9/11 and said can't we just all get along.

I know!  Wasn't that PATHETIC??

Yikes.  Too much yoga, or something.  Affected the blood flow to the brain. 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Who gets custody of the gerbil?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline PzLdr

He does. She refuses to go in after it...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline andy58-in-nh

:silly:

I just knew someone was going to go there...

The gerbil could not be reached for comment.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

Yes it was pathetic.

Offline mountaineer

So much for Gere's reputation as a 'can't we all get along?' peaceful sort of guy, eh?  :smokin:
Reminds me of another hotheaded Buddhist, Tiger Woods.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

He is a Buddhist after all. That's exactly what a Buddhist would say.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Reminds me of another hotheaded Buddhist, Tiger Woods.  :shrug:

Buddha goes out the window when divorce comes into one's life.

Offline musiclady

Well, it sounds like poor Richard has lost his Zen.   ^-^

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Can't get Pretty Woman out of my head now, since I've seen this thread...... :chairbang:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

I liked Carey Lowell in Law & Order. She was more believable as a NYC prosecutor than as Richard Gere's wife, I have to say.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

I liked Carey Lowell in Law & Order. She was more believable as a NYC prosecutor than as Richard Gere's wife, I have to say.
:laugh: