Author Topic: 9-year hunger striker asks to leave Guantanamo so he can have a family  (Read 434 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/04/22/year-hunger-striker-asks-to-leave-guantanamo-so-can-have-family/?intcmp=trending

A suspected bodyguard for the late Al Qaeda founder Usama bin Laden who has been on a nine-year hunger strike during his detention in Guantanamo Bay went before a parole board Tuesday to ask for his release so he can marry and have a family.

Abdul Rahman Shalabi, who wants to return home to Saudi Arabia, also is open to being resettled in another country if that would speed his release from Guantanamo, attorney Julia T. M. Wood said to members of the Periodic Review Board.

"Wherever Mr. Shalabi goes, he wishes to settle down, get married and have a family of his own and put the past behind him," Wood said to the board, which was established by President Barack Obama to evaluate prisoners and recommend whether they can be released as part of the effort to close the detention center.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
A suspected bodyguard for the late Al Qaeda founder Usama bin Laden who has been on a nine-year hunger strike during his detention in Guantanamo Bay went before a parole board Tuesday to ask for his release so he can marry and have a family.

Somebody?

Anybody?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Somebody?

Anybody?

Must be the same kind of "hunger strike" that Al Sharpton goes on.  I heard that Sharpton just eats soup when he's on a hunger strike. 

Hunger strikes just ain't what they used to be.   :shrug:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!