Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Ben Affleck wanted his slave owner ancestor 'censored' from Finding Your Roots PBS documentary - and show's host covered it up, leaked emails reveal  (Read 549 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3043803/Ben-Affleck-wanted-slave-owner-ancestor-censored-Finding-Roots-PBS-documentary-s-host-covered-leaked-emails-reveal.html

Hollywood star explored his family's past on PBS documentary Finding Your Roots but viewers were not told one ancestor owned slaves
    Leaked Sony emails reveal how Henry Louis Gates Jr told a friend Affleck was trying to 'censor' documentary - a breach of PBS rules
    Gates asked his friend Sony boss Michael Lynton for advice and was told by Hollywood chief: 'I would take it out if no one knows'
    Instead show was about prominent liberal Affleck's Freedom Rider mother and distant ancestor who was mystic in civil war
    Gates claimed today that the slave-owning ancestor was not 'interesting'
    Latest embarrassing disclosure from leaked Sony emails posted by Wikileaks raises questions over PBS's integrity and for Gates, a Harvard professor

Offline musiclady

Why BEN, I now fully expect YOU to pay personal reparations for your part in slavery.

My ancestors were in Sweden at the time, so you can pay my part, since I had nothing to do with slavery, and you did.

KAY??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.