Author Topic: What Are Your Beliefs About Masculinity And Attitudes Toward Seeking Mental Health Services?  (Read 901 times)

Offline NUResearcher

I am a doctoral candidate in the Counseling Psychology program at Northeastern University. I am conducting research, as part of my dissertation, on men's beliefs about masculinity as well as on their attitudes toward seeking mental health services. I think that male members of the Briefing Room community can offer valuable insights regarding these topics. Please participate if you are interested and do pass along the request to other men who you believe might want to share their thoughts. Any help in completing this project would be GREATLY appreciated. More specific information, as well as the link to my survey, can be found below.

If you are a male aged 18 to 64, I would like to invite you to participate in an anonymous online survey examining your beliefs about masculinity and your attitudes toward seeking professional psychological services (e.g., individual psychotherapy). The survey is part of a research study aimed at better understanding how men think about what it means to be a man, and how such perspectives might influence attitudes toward help seeking. The entire survey should take about 30 minutes to complete. If you have any questions about this study, please feel free to contact the student-researcher, Seth Perkins, at perkins.se@husky.neu.edu.

Thank you for your time! Any and all participation is greatly appreciated.

Seth Perkins, M.A.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W8SZRYY

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sorry but I'm out of the age bracket for your survey but welcome to TBR!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Since I'm just inside your age limits - done.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
67 is the new 57
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PzLdr

I answered even though I'm outside the age bracket, you know, old school, non-'touchy-feely' types.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline xfreeper

don't ever give the government an excuse to declare you mentally unfit

Offline NUResearcher

Much thanks to all who have participated (as well as to those who considered doing so)!