Author Topic: Another ally of Ukraine ex-president Yanukovych found dead  (Read 613 times)

Offline flowers

Another ally of Ukraine ex-president Yanukovych found dead
« on: April 16, 2015, 03:04:18 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/another-ally-ukraine-ex-president-yanukovych-found-dead-205136777.html

Kiev (AFP) - A former Ukraine deputy was shot dead in Kiev Wednesday, the fourth ally of ousted pro-Moscow ex-president Viktor Yanukovych to die in suspicious circumstances in the past two months.

The body of Oleg Kalashnikov was found at his home on Wednesday evening, the interior ministry said in a statement.

"Death was caused by gunshot," the statement added. A police inquiry has been opened.

Kalashnikov had taken part in protests in support of the pro-Moscow leader Yanukovych who was ousted in 2014 after three months of mass demonstrations calling for his removal ended in a bloodbath.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Another ally of Ukraine ex-president Yanukovych found dead
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 03:36:26 pm »
So, what's going on?  Who would want these people dead? 

I've not kept myself well-informed about this latest Ukrainian revolution, but it has reminded me of the "Arab Spring" in that outside forces seem to be involving themselves to oust the status quo, much like what we've seen in Iraq, Libya, Egypt and attempts in Syria. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 05:23:32 pm »
So, what's going on?  Who would want these people dead? 

I've not kept myself well-informed about this latest Ukrainian revolution, but it has reminded me of the "Arab Spring" in that outside forces seem to be involving themselves to oust the status quo, much like what we've seen in Iraq, Libya, Egypt and attempts in Syria.
I haven't either. It says he was pro-Moscow....so maybe Ukraines wanted him dead. a Ukraine pro-Moscow journalist was killed today as well.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 05:46:58 pm »
The body of Oleg Kalashnikov was found at his home on Wednesday evening, the interior ministry said in a statement.

"Death was caused by gunshot," the statement added.

Didn't see that coming.

Seriously, though - it might be part of a Russian operation to discredit the opposition. It wouldn't be the first time that they have reorted to false flag ops...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 06:03:47 pm »

"Death was caused by gunshot," the statement added.

Didn't see that coming.

Seriously, though - it might be part of a Russian operation to discredit the opposition. It wouldn't be the first time that they have reorted to false flag ops...
interesting. thanks for input.