Author Topic: 290 Million Year-Old Human Footprint Discovered...Now What?? [New Mexico]  (Read 2019 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Not saying it is, but New Mexico is pretty well known for fakes for some reason. Must not be a lot else to do there.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obviously there is some kind of mistake here. What is not discussed is the state of the Earth 290 million years ago in terms of geology and atmospherics. I am not sure the Earth could support modern human life at that time, and it is very unlikely that a modern human could survive all the cataclysmic changes the Earth has undergone over 290 million years.

The point I am making is that it is not enough to simply look at the possible evolution of man in that amount of time, it is also important to look at the evolution of the Earth itself as well, and to consider whether or not the Earth was able to support human life over that vast amount of time.

It is interesting though, to consider that if true, this human may have observed a blue Mars. The NASA scientists with their rovers now believe that Mars once had flowing oceans and rivers and had an atmosphere similar to that of Earth.

To me, the only mystery here is how the dating of the footprint is coming up wrong. Because the result is impossible. Obviously, someone is making a mistake somewhere. It is wrong to obsess on the impossible conclusion. It is much more productive to try to figure out what mistake led to the impossible conclusion.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
It looks too perfect.  Might it not be possible that some prankster carved out or otherwise artificially embedded the image in the stone?  There is no way humans were on the earth 290 million years ago.  It didn't happen.

Also, the article does not tell us how big the impression is.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
My first thought was it looks cast. I'd love to see the rest of the rock, there should be others or traces of them.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
It looks too perfect.  Might it not be possible that some prankster carved out or otherwise artificially embedded the image in the stone?  There is no way humans were on the earth 290 million years ago.  It didn't happen.

:thumbsup:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Ditto to that.  Plus look at the source site, nutty as a drunk Hillary.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
290 Million Year-Old Human Footprint Discovered...Now What?? [New Mexico]

Find the other one and make shirts!

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The toes give it away. If you look at the toes, you can see how the big toe is pressed against the ball of the foot, and the smaller toes appear to be curled somewhat, with the pinky toe leaning inward toward the foot.

I am no expert in such things, but as a casual observer this 'foot' looks like it has been wearing modern shoes for a very long time to get this pattern.

When you look at feet which have never worn shoes the toes look more like little fingers. They are very straight and often splayed. Also their toes are 'dactyl' and I am using this term to mean these people can use there feet almost like hands, in the sense that they can pick things up with their feet and can manipulate their toes like fingers.

This print indicates to me a person who has worn modern shoes all their life. Just my two cents.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I have read where the earliest known humans in the Americas are somewhere between 12,000-18,000 years ago.

This would be a fantastic quantum leap back, therefore. I say call in the Archeological Podiatrists for this one.

And the dating experts, and somebody to look at the individual stone and surrounding geology.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As most people have said, it's probably a fake.

Still, I suppose it's possible that a human-like creature lived at that time. 290 million years ago was a pretty robust time for life on Earth. But it probably would have been wiped into extinction not too much later.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kevindavis007

That is what I'm thinking as well..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

Ditto to that.  Plus look at the source site, nutty as a drunk Hillary.

or they could be the survivors from the 12 colonies..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/